What bike brand should I buy in the 250 4t class? For trail riding

KTM or Honda or Yamaha

• KTM

• Yamaha

• Honda?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now I am looking into buying my own bike as I am still using father's bike, but we want to ride trails together. There is only one option for me, 250 4 stroke, secondhand, but Wich brand? There is a KTM 2007 excf with a long range tank available for a great price, but also a 08 CRF, wich one should I buy? Or should I wait for a Yamaha or something?

to put it blantanly, a lot of years of honda 250's have pretty serious reliability/maintenance issues
Certain years KTM have awkward suspension/ergos to a lot of people
depending on the yamaha, it will be a heavy awkward bike with great suspension and the most reliable motor

Ok I think I will go with the KTM then, as it is the only bike a available at this time with a headlight and a long-range tank, thank you all

‘07 or newer crf250x or wr250f that is well maintained should be the bike you want. It’s the 21st century version of your dads bike. I’m not sure what the availability is where you are but here they are plentiful. You may not get to be so picky but learn to maintain and your kids will be riding it.
The Yamaha reputation may spawn a lack of maintenance, because it does handle neglect well. This could also lead to a new purchase being subject to “energetic disassembly” so whatever you decide, be prepared to inspect thoroughly.

‘07 or newer crf250x or wr250f that is well maintained should be the bike you want. It’s the 21st century version of your dads bike. I’m not sure what the availability is where you are but here they are plentiful. You may not get to be so picky but learn to maintain and your kids will be riding it.
The Yamaha reputation may spawn a lack of maintenance, because it does handle neglect well. This could also lead to a new purchase being subject to “energetic disassembly” so whatever you decide, be prepared to inspect thoroughly.
I checked the CRF till 09 has the same bore as my father's XR 200, anyway thank you, btw I am sixteen, but will surely be riding till my kids is 16 or older ; )

I have little experience with dirt bikes, but have been riding quads since before I could walk, my father was a quad rally racer till 40, so I have plenty experience here and my vaforite hobby is fixing engines, so if a friend's anything broke I will be there, I am slowly building up a healthy amount of love and knowledge by playing around, I love it...