What are you grilling? (Or cooking )

I’ve always been an outdoor cook. Grilling 4-6 days a week year round. I bought a Traeger pellet grill a few years ago but never really used it because it was difficult to have the food come out right as there is a totally different art form to pellet smoker grills. Recently i started using it and the food has been phenomenal. I started at Christmas time with a prime rib roast on the smoker :drool: it was amazing!(sorry, no pics). However here are some pics of the food I cooked recently.
post up and let’s see what you got!

2D232C57-7319-4BAB-B52F-771D4D787013.jpeg 3-2-1ribs
8B369755-BF3D-4A2F-8BDE-D794717A3E5C.jpeg39D8CBA9-5C29-4478-968B-F2EC0581AC13.jpegNot your mama’s meatloaf
C76C5D63-48D5-4A60-9784-1F7E40856C02.jpeg Smoked pork shoulder
80E2B29C-A616-4142-8332-CFE8F9BB55FB.jpeg Pulled pork enchiladas made from pork shoulder.

I love slow smoked bbq. I’ve tried doing it the old fashioned way with wood chunks and charcoal, but just couldn’t get it. I couldn’t ever manage the fire and eventually gave up. I’ve been interested in the Traeger. It seems almost idiot proof, which is what I need. Is it really as simple as just setting the temp and loading the pellets? I can build a big campfire and blow things up, but the finer points of conflagration control are beyond me. :bonk:

I love slow smoked bbq. I’ve tried doing it the old fashioned way with wood chunks and charcoal, but just couldn’t get it. I couldn’t ever manage the fire and eventually gave up. I’ve been interested in the Traeger. It seems almost idiot proof, which is what I need. Is it really as simple as just setting the temp and loading the pellets? I can build a big campfire and blow things up, but the finer points of conflagration control are beyond me. :bonk:

the Traeger is awesome but there’s some skill involved. The trick is following the Traeger recipes to the letter. Some of the stuff is amazing steaks and burgers though make the patty or take the steak and just use regular Morton season salt. Specific rubs don’t work for steak or burgers as well

I enjoy BBQ'ing and normally BBQ on the weekends when the weather is nice as I usually have the family over for Sunday dinner. With them all scattered around the US now, I don't BBQ as much, but will still throw some burgers, tri-tip, chicken, pork, fish on the grill for the mgr and I. I was never one to man a grill or smoke anything for long periods of time.

Your grillin' does look delicious though.

I enjoy BBQ'ing and normally BBQ on the weekends when the weather is nice as I usually have the family over for Sunday dinner. With them all scattered around the US now, I don't BBQ as much, but will still throw some burgers, tri-tip, chicken, pork, fish on the grill for the mgr and I. I was never one to man a grill or smoke anything for long periods of time.

Your grillin' does look delicious though.

Thanks!
I love grilling mostly because I love entertaining. You’ll see when I move to AZ. I have no problem cooking for 5-60 ppl on a regular basis which is why az house will be open floor plan with a spacious outdoor play area with a pool and outdoor kitchen. Hoping to find a place on the water so we can get a boat too.

Thanks!
I love grilling mostly because I love entertaining. You’ll see when I move to AZ. I have no problem cooking for 5-60 ppl on a regular basis which is why az house will be open floor plan with a spacious outdoor play area with a pool and outdoor kitchen. Hoping to find a place on the water so we can get a boat too.
Let me know and I'll bring my board shorts and appetite.