What Are Some Ways to Strengthen Bones?

James

Staff member
I've started taking calcium (with vitamin D) supplements, we'll see how that goes. I really need to start lifting again, but that won't be for awhile.

milk
keep off the ibuprofen as much as possible...
Don't really like to drink milk and I haven't been on the meds for about 2 weeks now. :thumb:
The best thing for bones, is to stay on the bike through the whoops. :P
:rolleyes: Not this crap again....:smirk:

get some muscle, ever notice how football players rarely ever break any bones? Beef up a little and that will help alot

i had guys at the track tell me that beefing up is not a good thing for riding tracks. Made sense too cause all the fast guys out there are skinny fucks. I guess it has something to do with Arm pump and when you beef up your veins can pump blood into your arms real fast but cant pump them out fast enough and that is what arm pump essentially is. makes sense to me cause i got big forearms and i get arm pump hella fast.

What's a good way to strengthen bones? Supplements, exercise, or a combination of things?

James go to your local pharmacy and get some Bone Builder and Silica supplement :thumb:

i had guys at the track tell me that beefing up is not a good thing for riding tracks. Made sense too cause all the fast guys out there are skinny fucks. I guess it has something to do with Arm pump and when you beef up your veins can pump blood into your arms real fast but cant pump them out fast enough and that is what arm pump essentially is. makes sense to me cause i got big forearms and i get arm pump hella fast.

I have always thought this was true also, I have smaller arms compared to most of the guys I ride with and they will be crying about how bad their arm pump is, I never get arm pump ever. You want to be in shape but lean, cycling is the best exercise for riding.

Arm pump is an issue of cardio fitness, relaxation, technique and nerves. Don't freakin smoke, that will shut down your veins too.

Your bones get beefier through resistance and stress--weight training and plyometric, the "pounding" stuff.

James had the smashed collar bone, right? My kid fractured his(just got a sling). He's taking Vit D, calcium and drinking milk and eating dairy etc(stuff with calcium). He's also sitting in the sun for 15 mintues or so. It's been 4 weeks, and he just started riding his bike(mtn bike w/suspension)--it seems he can do that without much pain.

I'm not sure on this, but I think if you do something like running it will have a bit of residual effect on the whole of your bones--your legs/pelvis/back will be stimulated from the pounding to get denser, and I think maybe just your whole skeleton might be buffed up a little bit because the bone densifying engine is revved up for the legs/pelvis/back.

Can you do something like a farmer's carry? where you just carry heavy stuff around in your hands(like 2 buckets full of heavy stuff). It would put a little force on your shoulders without making the joint move--just stress them a bit to stimulate the beefing up, and it's great for grip strength. When you can do them, pushups and chin ups would be a great thing too.

I know someone who does not like to eat meat all that much, and does not like milk. Otherwise a healthy lifestyle. Still has a broken leg 9 months after is was supposed to be healed. You need protein.

If you don't like what I am typing please ask your doctor, or an even higher authority: google :hail:

298561full.gif