West Virginia Track NOT Backing Down

i hate people... we had our local 1/2 mile asphalt oval that i used to race NASCAR Street Stocks on shut down because they built houses right by it and then the people that moved in complained :rant: It says that tracks been operating since 04? and they are just now complaining? i say shoot them in the knee caps and hang them by their toes!

James

Staff member
What gives, that was dated 2008. :noidea:
It's been an ongoing problem, copied from tomahawkmx.com

*Update - The court date to determine whether or not Tomahawk will continue to operate has been moved to November 3rd.
*Update - The court date to determine whether or not Tomahawk will continue to operate has been moved to August 24th.
THE LAWSUIT TO SHUT DOWN TOMAHAWK MX PARK FOREVER IS SET FOR TRIAL ON JUNE 1 THROUGH JUNE 7, 2010.
Chad Gochenour (track owner) has incurred enormous legal expenses to defend this lawsuit (in excess of *UPDATE 6/23/10 $119,757.00 so far). Chad needs our help to continue to fund the defense of this lawsuit.

so far this place is still operating...
My buddy was there the last 3-4days riding over the new year.... Said it's great and there was no mention of this issue....
It's still bullshit that the track owners have to deal with this... I remember in the mid-late 80's a development went up about 2 miles from a local small airport.... This airport had been their since the dawn of flight.... These "new" residents tried to shut it down... If it were not for the fact that Lindbergh once landed there they would have closed the airport.... Go figure.... Move to the country and make it just like the city......

James

Staff member
Update:

After an almost three year court battle in Berkeley County, WV, the lawsuit filed by a few of the neighbors surrounding the facility which sought to close down the track has been resolved and the facility will remain open and in operation. Tomahawk MX would like to thank everyone who helped and supported Tomahawk MX throughout this ordeal including everyone who contributed to the Defense Fund to help defray the costs involved with defending the lawsuit and the overwhelming number of neighbors who supported us and the track.
Stay tuned for an announcement concerning membership specials that will be offered in the near future as our way of saying thanks to everyone who stood by us and supported us.
Thank you,
Chad and Leanne Gochenour