125 Weird top end noise

Weird top end noises are generally piston slap if you hear them at lower engine speeds. By the time you have loose rod noises you have some more obvious things happening. If you run back through the pre buy things to check on you may find it.

Ok so now I feel that it is time for a new top end. Because the bike is used and I don't trust the past owner. I am unsure of what top end kit to get. Some people tell me to get oem and then some swear by wiseco. I am on a low budget and I found a standard 54mm wiseco top end kit for $105. Should I get it?

Ok so now I feel that it is time for a new top end. Because the bike is used and I don't trust the past owner. I am unsure of what top end kit to get. Some people tell me to get oem and then some swear by wiseco. I am on a low budget and I found a standard 54mm wiseco top end kit for $105. Should I get it?

Yes

Good price but no like dan said until you measure it.
And if you are only doing the top get a Vertex...
Sut up Eskimo penis.

NO.
Without disassembling and measuring your current bore, there is no way to know what is installed or if it needs to be replaced at all. -BIG DAN:thumb:
This post has some of the measurements you are interested in.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/con...ha-wr500-top-end-inspection.8220/#post-183930
Always listen to Dan, he's the man!

Don't get discouraged... I dropped the "H" in shut up, I am older than you and have an excuse. You work on cars, and are younger.... SO....... Just saying...

I don't know about younger.....mechanic years are different from normal years, my expected lifespan is as about used up. and I expect Timo or Jax to swoop in with their nazi grammar hat to correct your error.

Well, I did plenty of time wrenching on cars as a shade tree, work on YZ's now... And was a parts man for VOA for about 9 years. So I think that counts as some. And hey, I don't look like Pee Wee Herman!
image.jpg