Weekday Ride with Srad and Sun at Baldy Mesa

Sun, Srad and I all got a nice Tuesday ride at baldy mesa. I picked up Srad at his house met Sun at Mcdonalds and off we went. Geared up and off we went with Srad leading the way to some nice views and some nice hill climbs where we stopped and played for a bit.

Srad points to one tells me its deep sand and that him and his brother make it all the time. :thumb: so im pretty confident that i can make it. I boogie off and im doing ok till the first left turn. Thats when things get squirrely which makes me loose momentum but im determined to make it so i keep it hammered. Then i start to go off track and as soon as my back tire hits that little edge that is not all sandy.... LOOP :lol:... landed on my feet and the bike just shot out in front of me hehe. Now i get down and Srad tells me " You just made it farther up then us" :lol: you tricky bastard... it worked tho so thanks for the confidence :thumb:

next dan does it and gets almost as far as i did, comes down and goes straight for another climb on the other side and makes it first try. So i go do it and make it first try.

after that we took off for more fun :ride: and eventually came up on 2 kids trying a hill climb over and over.. so we go to do that. Srad takes off first and makes it look easy. I take off and im in wrong gears out of control and going way to fast for my own good.... jumping the turn.. then on the last little sections i see two lines that have a hump in the middle ... i decide to take the one on the right and put my front tire in it and my back tire decides it wants to take the left.... bam dirt nap and it breaks my newly fabricated gopro mirror spot mount. I know i can make it so i ride down catch a breath and go at it again... camera was in my pocket this time but i made it up.. prolly even more out of control balls to the wall ... but i made it :banana:
to end the ride we had all coasted down the fireroad with the bikes off... i caught Srad by pumping the whoops :P

Sorry Sun i didn't get any footage of you doing any of the hill climbs you did. I can tell you DBA this Woman is no slacker... she rides a 450 and she goes for it. She also brings awesome snacks and beers for when the ride is done. Welcome on any ride with me and next time i promise ill get some better footage of ya.

Was a great time. Big thanks to Srad for being able to make it and guiding the way. Enjoy the video in high def if you can.

NICE vid, thanx for the entertainment!

Good form on the loop at 3:10 and the quick nap at 7:42 ... I've had plenty of experience with those maneuvers :thumb:

Nice Trav! I like the video! I loved watching you guys do those climbs in person. Im just so sorry I didnt get the shot from the bottom of the hill on your sand climbs but wait...I may have you guys on that hard packed climb. I need to check my iphone now. I havent bothered to look yet. It was a fun day for sure:banana:
Thanks for the ride and being a couple of "Gun Ho's":thumb:

Good stuff! I haven't been up there in about 3 years. Phelan sand hills, that's where I broke my wrist 5 years ago....
Excellent dirt view on that one shot......
Great time of year up there when it's green, watch out for manzanita branches!
Maybe we need to check out the other side of the fwy :thinking:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Had an awesome time. 35 miles and a few dirtnaps here and there, except for sun. Thanks for pushing me to come out and ride guys! I had a Blast showing ya'll around. Next time we'll go for the full 45 miles.
Nice BMX skills trav, whipping me down the fireroad home in neutral... Must be your 2011 wheel bearings versus my 1993 Wheel bearings. :smirk:

I haven't watched any of my video yet, I might put a video together if I get around to it. We just picked up an 82 CR80R that has my attention at this time!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Had an awesome time. 35 miles and a few dirtnaps here and there, except for sun. Thanks for pushing me to come out and ride guys! I had a Blast showing ya'll around. Next time we'll go for the full 45 miles.
Nice BMX skills trav, whipping me down the fireroad home in neutral... Must be your 2011 wheel bearings versus my 1993 Wheel bearings. :smirk:

I haven't watched any of my video yet, I might put a video together if I get around to it. We just picked up an 82 CR80R that has my attention at this time!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

i knew all that childsplay on my BMX bike would pay off someday :banana::banana: