wasteland weekend

I don't know man? Sounds like a Ploy for a gay bash. Costumes? Compound? Gonna get up in the morning and cook breakfeast in your leathers/latex?

Looks like more fuel to shut down our riding areas if you ask me! Lots of drugs and stupid moves that will take place I imagine. I just bet there will be plenty of trash left behind. I can only hope the organizers are smart enough to keep it under control, and clean up after it.

With what just happened out there a few weekends ago, Not sure this will happen. BLM and everybody else is looking hard at events out that way now. The Invader's event (MC Hare Scramble) had local police, news and everybody else keeping a watchful eye on us out there.

With what just happened out there a few weekends ago, Not sure this will happen. BLM and everybody else is looking hard at events out that way now. The Invader's event (MC Hare Scramble) had local police, news and everybody else keeping a watchful eye on us out there.

No kidding! And this new event they are trying to get off the ground will involve a lot! And in order for it to be successful they will have to spend a lot and do a lot! Plus, it takes years for word to get out and the event become successful and profitable. I doubt it will happpen. It will be interesting to see. There is a race out there the same weekend (I think) making things even more interesting that weekend.

This is not a new a event, its been going on for a couple years, they have permits with the BLM. A bunch of guys were freaking out on the D37 website because its the same weekend as the national. They will be in a fenced off area on Soggy and there will be a BLM ranger present for the entire event, also if you check out the FAQ's on their website it seems like they respect the desert too, they talk about picking up all your trash, no glass bottles, and even mention leaving the turtles alone if you see one.

Quote from Ryan Sanders D37
"I spoke with Larry Blaine at Barstow BLM this morning, and they do have all of our permit info, as well as the permit info for this other event.

They did the event last year, and it was confined to the Soggy dry lake area. Larry made a point to say that they are really good people promoting the event, and that they had a meeting in his office this morning. They do know about the 100's race, and have made a point to ensure that there will not be any conflicts.

The event last year went off problem-free, and they even had security all week long leading upto and throughout the event. There were no issues last year, and frankly no one even knew that it happened."

So you guys dont want to hang out with her? :P
RWW_Blog-75.jpg

This is not a new a event, its been going on for a couple years, they have permits with the BLM. A bunch of guys were freaking out on the D37 website because its the same weekend as the national. They will be in a fenced off area on Soggy and there will be a BLM ranger present for the entire event, also if you check out the FAQ's on their website it seems like they respect the desert too, they talk about picking up all your trash, no glass bottles, and even mention leaving the turtles alone if you see one.

"I spoke with Larry Blaine at Barstow BLM this morning, and they do have all of our permit info, as well as the permit info for this other event.

They did the event last year, and it was confined to the Soggy dry lake area. Larry made a point to say that they are really good people promoting the event, and that they had a meeting in his office this morning. They do know about the 100's race, and have made a point to ensure that there will not be any conflicts.

The event last year went off problem-free, and they even had security all week long leading upto and throughout the event. There were no issues last year, and frankly no one even knew that it happened."

RWW_Blog-75.jpg

I stand corrected then. No I dont want to hang out with her :lol: She looks like she'd hurt me!

So does showing up in riding gear qualify as a "costume?" How about riding gear with a semi auto rifle strapped to your back? Somehow I don't think they would appreciate real weapons. Oh well so much for authenticity.

She doesn't look that scary. She looks like a poser. I have a feeling that most attending the event are posers and would perish in short order if out on their own out in the dez. I think she is sitting in a autogryo though.

They do have a pretty explicit disclaimer.

WasteLand Weekend Disclaimer:
All activities are considered AT YOUR OWN RISK at the Wasteland Weekend event. A waiver must be signed for entry to the event in addition to ticket purchase. Attendees must be 18 years of age or older. NO EXCEPTIONS. Wasteland Weekend promoters, staff and volunteers will not be held liable for property loss or damage, personal injury, death or dismemberment. YOU COULD DIE AT THIS EVENT, AND THAT IS THE RISK YOU ASSUME BY ATTENDING. Attendees assume all risk for themselves and those in their camp. This is an AT YOUR OWN RISK EVENT, and all activities at the event site, Soggy Dry Lake, Johnson Valley OHV Area are to be considered such, in or out of context of this event. While insurance will be provided for this event, the attendee assumes all responsibility for any damages suffered by self or others as a result of their attendance at this event.

RWW_Blog-75.jpg

Where is her helmet? I wonder if she would get a ticket? :thinking: