250F Wanda-Licious

So I've still got my 01 WR250F sitting around the shop and I've been talking about fixing it up forever and a day, I want to go do some trail rides in Silverton CO and this bike is outfitted for it properly, headlight, natural gas tank, kick stand etc etc. Well that date is coming up July 3-8th so I'm gonna make a mad sprint to try and get it ready for then.
Little bit of a back story, when I was riding this bike nobody told me you had to grease the swing arm and shock linkage at least once a year :/ so that was where I started, already pretty convinced that it was majorly dicked, I wasn't suprised when I started beating on the swingarm bolt and couldn't move it.
This is a copy and paste from elsewhere on the forum so bear with me

So like I was saying, my swingarm pivot bolt was stuck, I beat on it with a hammer hard yesterday and it didn't move. I went home, thought it over :smashpc: and got an idea thats probably nothing new to most members here.
I took a piece of 3/8th's all thread, fed it through the pivot bolt, put a nut on the nut side of the bolt, then took a piece of pipe big enough to house the entire bolt and a washer to fit the pipe (initially I used a big impact socket), tightened it up against the frame as tight as I could, moved to the other side, whacked it with a hammer, it moved very slowly. 2 hours later, I got it all the way out, between tightening my make shift puller and hitting the shit out of it with a hammer, much preferable to cutting it or even heating it imo.

I had to double nut it on the bolt head end to keep the all thread from spinning when I started tightening it up.
Good success :hifive:

So, wasn't surprised when I opened up the bearing caps and found the bearings completely un-usable.

So far, I'll need both a swingarm and a linkage bearing kit. :wave:

Drove out all the old bearings, popped out all the old seals, only one still usable is the upper shock, but its getting replaced anyway, an additional $20 when you're this far into it is a no brainer. total for all the bearings is $139 and its on its way :USA:

Last edited:
So I've still got my 01 WR250F sitting around the shop and I've been talking about fixing it up forever and a day, I want to go do some trail rides in Silverton CO and this bike is outfitted for it properly, headlight, natural gas tank, kick stand etc etc. Well that date is coming up July 3-8th so I'm gonna make a mad sprint to try and get it ready for then.
Little bit of a back story, when I was riding this bike nobody told me you had to grease the swing arm and shock linkage at least once a year :/ so that was where I started, already pretty convinced that it was majorly dicked, I wasn't suprised when I started beating on the swingarm bolt and couldn't move it.
This is a copy and paste from elsewhere on the forum so bear with me

So like I was saying, my swingarm pivot bolt was stuck, I beat on it with a hammer hard yesterday and it didn't move. I went home, thought it over :smashpc: and got an idea thats probably nothing new to most members here.
I took a piece of 3/8th's all thread, fed it through the pivot bolt, put a nut on the nut side of the bolt, then took a piece of pipe big enough to house the entire bolt and a washer to fit the pipe (initially I used a big impact socket), tightened it up against the frame as tight as I could, moved to the other side, whacked it with a hammer, it moved very slowly. 2 hours later, I got it all the way out, between tightening my make shift puller and hitting the shit out of it with a hammer, much preferable to cutting it or even heating it imo.

I had to double nut it on the bolt head end to keep the all thread from spinning when I started tightening it up.
Good success :hifive:

So, wasn't surprised when I opened up the bearing caps and found the bearings completely un-usable.

So far, I'll need both a swingarm and a linkage bearing kit. :wave:
Heh heh......you said double nut.