Virgin Gorge and Mecca

Moab March 11 206.jpg
After meeting Jim Ryan @ the King o' Hammerpalooza, I knew I needed to get back to Moab. Only been there once before a few years ago and barely scratched the surface.

First stop was to see an old friend in St. G, he had ice cold Modelos and good food waiting for my b-day. Crashed the night there and woke up to wet dirt:banana:
Moab March 11 227.jpg

Drove 3 blocks to the spot:thumb:
Moab March 11 228.jpg

Couldn't get up to the fresh snow 'cause the Virgin was flowing
Moab March 11 229.jpg

Moab March 11 222.jpg

Moab March 11 223.jpg

Beautiful! So do we guess about the rest of the trip or are you going to share more:noidea:
Wish I could travel as much as you do John. I used to more then now. :rant:Gas prices are killing my riding style!

Oh yeah, I bought an extra gopro battery so I would have two batteries that went dead right away.....
Here is some of what the Virgin River riding looked like;
[media]http://www.youtube.com/user/123gotube1?feature=mhum[/media]

and what some of the terrain looks like
GOPR0061.jpg

Arrived in Moab area before dark. Cold temps and a fire awaited. Camped out with a big group of guys from Co, Id, Mi and Wy. They had just got back from a 110 miler with DualSportUtah leading the way.
Everyone went different ways in the morning. I chose to do Soveriegn trail which was near camp.
Moab March 11 244.jpg
Moab March 11 249.jpg
Moab March 11 251.jpg
Moab March 11 253.jpg
Moab March 11 254.jpg
Moab March 11 260.jpg

Not alot of pics taken the next couple of days, busy riding!
Did take some up on 7 mile rim
Moab March 11 304.jpg

Trail Boss Jim Ryan of Dualsportutah.com, ktmofmoab.com and GasGasofmoab.com, great guy, amazing rider. Only guy I know who answers his cell in the whoops without loosing a beat!
Moab March 11 309.jpg

Tell him I sent you and get a 10% discount
Moab March 11 310.jpg

Jim giving Ken some tips
Moab March 11 311.jpg

How about that background scenery!
Moab March 11 313.jpg

Moab March 11 314.jpg

Moab March 11 322.jpg

Next stop: GasGasofCostaRica.com? :ride:

This will be an annual spring trip for me (wish I was out there now with Mr. D Wood). You are invited:thumb:
Hoping to ride Monticello area this summer, just down the road from Moab....

ok i will be there next spring for sure... even if it means the wife has to ask for vacation 6 months in advance :P

Beautiful! So do we guess about the rest of the trip or are you going to share more:noidea:
Wish I could travel as much as you do John. I used to more then now. :rant:Gas prices are killing my riding style!

Taht must be my problem, I always thought it was my lack of skill.............:smirk:

Nice R & R, Utah is beautiful country...spent a week up in Panguich (Big Fish) Utah, just west of Bryce Canyon...rolling hills, sage, pinion pines, red clayish dirt...BEARS, Lions and Antelope oh my! :thumb:

BT,

Sure wish i could have carved-out the time to go with you ... gotta get back there soon!

I know you won't mind, but here's a few more beautiful sections of God's country...

044 Portal Trail.jpg

096 Dbl Arch Tr.jpg

121 Potash Train.jpg

124 Cliff Step-up.jpg

137 Dead Horse.jpg

213 Porc Rim.jpg

BT,

Sure wish i could have carved-out the time to go with you ... gotta get back there soon!

I know you won't mind, but here's a few more beautiful sections of God's country...
2388d1302548879-virgin-gorge-mecca-124-cliff-step-up.jpg

did you go UP that ?