250F Vibration in the foot pegs

James

Staff member
Ok since the crash in June, I've been noticing a big vibration in the foot pegs. It seems to be more on the left side then the right. Any ideas as to what's causing this? I've checked the mounting bolts on the engine, frame, and so on yet everything checks out fine. I'm stumped. :bonk:

If you really pogo'd that bike hard, it sounds to me like you tweaked the geometry on the frame and/or motor mounts. Things vibrate like that because they are out of whack. You can bend and stretch mounts, mounting holes, bolts, and frames without the actual bolts being loose. Does it vibrate idling or when the bike is moving? It only takes a fraction of an inch to throw it off and damage might not be visible to the eye.

James

Staff member
If you really pogo'd that bike hard, it sounds to me like you tweaked the geometry on the frame and/or motor mounts. Things vibrate like that because they are out of whack. You can bend and stretch mounts, mounting holes, bolts, and frames without the actual bolts being loose. Does it vibrate idling or when the bike is moving? It only takes a fraction of an inch to throw it off and damage might not be visible to the eye.
:thumb: Thanks Buck, I'll go over it some more tonight.

You didn't say when the vibes were occurring. Neutral, standing still, engine running; in gear with clutch engaged, in gear and under power, etc. It could be an internal engine/tranny balance/bearing issue as well.

James

Staff member
You didn't say when the vibes were occurring. Neutral, standing still, engine running; in gear with clutch engaged, in gear and under power, etc. It could be an internal engine/tranny balance/bearing issue as well.
I really only notice it will riding, could it have anything to do with the clutch?

Look around for cracks primarily at the welds. Of course it may just be paranoia. I've been sure something was horribly wrong with my bike only to find nothing.