Gas Gas tyres????

my first problem is I went away and ordered tyres without making sure id two tubes..so iv a tube on the front and tubeless on the back one of them run flat things I can't think of the correct name for them..anyway the new rear tyre is bigger and I want to know if it will be ok with the sponge thing??? sizes on pic's ..I also want to know if it's easy to do wheel barings or would u need heat? ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396992490366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396992490366.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396992504630.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396992504630.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11
but there's no tube in the old tyre its one off those sponge tube things (someone please tell me what there called?) will I have to buy a tube or will the old sponge thing do????

If you put that tire on a 125 or 150cc two stroke. You will have a difficult time getting and staying on the pipe. It is considerably a heavier tire than a 110/90- 18. For a 125cc bike. Unless you ride a 250cc.

A 140 is pretty big. I run a 120/90 19 and its a bit of a pain to get the rear wheel assembly passed the rear brake caliper. As for your question about the foam tire insert. I dont know if it will work or not with that size tire, as Ive never run them before. Though I do know some riders that run them. They say that they work well but they dont last very long. So you may want to consider a purchasing a heavy duty tube and run the foam insert till it fails.

As for your wheel bearings. You shouldnt need to use any heat to get them out. I use a long punch to tap them out. When you put your new ones in put them in the freezer the night before. The will aid you in getting them in, the cold makes the metal shrink just enough you can almost drop them into place.

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Bib Mousse, and I think they are tire size specific.
There is quite a difference in volume between those tires. (30 liters :shocked: )
120X108=120 liters Vs. 140x112=150 liters
I would see if you can find a size or number on the bib mousse and check online to see if it fits.
Otherwise replace it... tubes are like $20...-BIG DAN:thumb:

Last edited:
There is quite a difference in volume between those tires. (30 liters :shocked: )
I would see if you can find a size or number on the bib mousse and check online to see if it fits.
I think your math is screwy

Lol yep. If you are bound and determined to use that tire I think I would just tube it. If your rim is narrower than about 2.5 I don't like them. You end up running on a narrower portion if the center. It will wallow on packed dirt fast stuff. Slime gives me a wallowy feeling. 120 is as big as I would put on my cr500.

Lol yep. If you are bound and determined to use that tire I think I would just tube it. If your rim is narrower than about 2.5 I don't like them. You end up running on a narrower portion if the center. It will wallow on packed dirt fast stuff. Slime gives me a wallowy feeling. 120 is as big as I would put on my cr500.

wallow??? 2.15 is the rim I think

any suggestions of how to take the tire off with the moose insert..I would think it will be a pain if u can't break the tire down with the insert