250 TT250

I ended up purchasing a used carb from a working TT and the choke plunger is mint!!! As well as a lot of other parts! What a stroke of luck.
Question: what’s the best way to clean the carb? I’ve heard boiling in lemon water and other things but it doesn’t seem right. Can anyone offer some insight? Thank you!!

I use Chemdip. It can be found at Autozone.
You can also buy some cans of carb cleaner and use compressed air. A toothbrush and guitar wires, carefully.

I’m having a current problem that’s happening now on my 2017 yz250....I am swapping out the drive sprocket and rear sprocket as well as the chain. I just can’t get this damn drive sprocket nut off!!!! Do I need to heat it up maybe? Is it reversed thread? There’s no real markings on it...

It’s not left-hand threads. It’s just tight with loctite. An impact wrench will zip it right off. Harbor Freight sells them fairly cheap.

So I cleaned the carb and added new brass. She starts right up and runs...needs some fine tuning but runs. Can someone help me set the timing chain tensioner properly...I tried but I’m not sure it’s right. The engine also makes a ticking sound, wondering if I need timing checked or a new timing chain and sprocket?
Thank you,