250 transmission won't shift

Alright I split the case this morning and found one of the gears is grinding on the inside of the case and I think that's where it is binding at. Is there a washer that needs to go in between there. I have looked at the parts and I don't see anything. Something is just off enough. Could it be the case cause to bend the shaft seems unreasonable

either that or somtimes the thrust washers have little tangs that fit into a specific spot, if they are not seated it could cause an interference issue.

Alright I don't know if this is enough of an issue but the needle bearing is bent at a diagonal. And maybe it just has enough play to cause it to bind. Sound possible

Alright I don't know if this is enough of an issue but the needle bearing is bent at a diagonal. And maybe it just has enough play to cause it to bind. Sound possible

I'm trying to picture what you said, if its an individual needle bearing inside the race is screred up then yes that definately will cause a problem.....you got any pics of this?

At southern end of the case where it is shiny is where it is grinding. I can't get a good picture of the needle bearing but it is pretty messed up. That would be the only thing that I can find wrong. All the other bearings are good. All the gears and shims look good. Everything spins until I get it close and tight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 17
At southern end of the case where it is shiny is where it is grinding. I can't get a good picture of the needle bearing but it is pretty messed up. That would be the only thing that I can find wrong. All the other bearings are good. All the gears and shims look good. Everything spins until I get it close and tight

well obviously you have an issue there, where the case has been rubbed on.... I'd look closely at that bearing (the one I can't see) and go thru the rest again, something is causing a clearance issue. At this point that's all I can give you. Good luck.