Training

Thats good jft. Arnt you like 14? Way to discipline yourself.

I wing my work outs. Goals: Run mile under 7 min each time, lift whatever the F I want and muay thai work out for as long as I can with 5 30 second speed bursts back to back about half way through the work out. Works for me :moon:

That sounds reasonable :thumb: 2 hours on an elliptical? Thats with breaks right:shocked::smirk:

I dont take a break i go in waves of low to high

I try and hit up the gym every day, 1.5-2hr....
I ride my bike 10minutes to the gym
I do 30-60 min on the bike.. or incline bike or both
then I lift fairly light fairly high reps for about 1hr...
lat pull-down
bicep curl
tricep
obliques
chest machine
etc...
Seems to work, that and eating right.
-no fried foods
-very little pizza
-no soda
-no energy drinks
-no salad dressings or mayo
-plenty of lowfat milk and meat.

Nice routine jos going for power helps alot with riding. like thoes times where you pick the bike up in a nasty section and carry it... wait i think im the only person that does that. Another time power comes in handy is in fighting, i TRY not to do it but dont call me a wussy flattracker. I also can pop the front end up by yanking on it really hard and do it about 20 times.

Very seldom do I lift weights and if I do it's low weight high reps. The thing that has helped me the most is cardio/endurance training. Go run on an elliptical machine for 30-45 minutes (every other day), while keeping your heart rate above 170 BPM. Don't try that right away though, have to work up to it. :P

Does your gym have a trainer? If so ask them what a good plan would be and make sure to tell them your goals.

I know why you weigh so little now, at 170 beats a minute for such a long time WILL bun through your muscle....:prof:

Today---

Breakfast 2 bows of cereal plenty of milk
Lunch 2 power bars(250 cal 10g protein each) and a nature valley bar
Dinner Fat double grilled chicken sandwich(7oz chicken) with veggies, rye roll and 3 skewers full of steak (8oz)
Snack Carnation breakfast drink
35 min on exercise bike heart rate 135-155
55 min In the weight room lower weight higher reps legs and triceps today....
plenty water and a bottle of gatoraid when biking.......

James

Staff member
Cardio Day

2 hours on eleptical
:shocked: You run 2 hours on the elliptical machine? Damn you must be super skinny or do you eat 4,000 calories that day. At my pace I usually burn 500-700 calories an hour, so that would be like 1,000 to 1,400 calories for that workout. :wow:

Back when I could use the row machine, I would warm up on the treadmill or bike, then:

elliptical - 10 mins average heart rate 170-175
row - 5 mins, all out, HR was usually over 185
Repeat for a total of 4 times (1 hour workout) and then cool down on the treadmill or bike.

I burnt so many calories that I'd eat everything in sight, good thing I like ice cream so much. :smirk:
2 hours on an elliptical? Thats with breaks right:shocked::smirk:
:noidea: Something

So I went to the gym and talked with my friends mom. Talked about prices and personal trainers, definitely not getting a personal trainer due to pricing. Instead she is a personal trainer herself and she said anytime I am there just find her and she'll train me :thumb: Not only that, but instead of paying $50/month for membership she's only going to charge me $25/month :banana: Hope to get my fitness back on the road, I haven't "worked out" in over a year :shocked:

$25 a month isn't to bad. :thumb: Now just stick with it. :P

Mines $99 for 3 months, trainer included. :ride:

Yeah I really want to do this so I'm going to work hard at it :thumb: That's pretty much the same as mine, they have trainers there they just dont work one on one unless you pay for that.