Traded the 90 RT 100 for a 01 Suzuki RM 80 and cash

What's best filter to run
K&N since they washable and give u alil hp and gas miles
There is no best filter, there are better than others but then you have people that will say the one they have is better than that one. Pick a Twin air or No toil, these are the two most common and go with what your budget dictates.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Didn't like the ride felt to buck then the bike shut off on me

A small displacement 2 stroke will be an explosion of power and then fall flat on it's face. It's like flipping a light switch. Power ON Power OFF. Good luck taming that on pavement. It works better when you're in the dirt and the tire can spin making the power seem more smooth.

You'll get used to it. Did it shut off with the throttle shut or still open?-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Shut off both
It won't idle
Then again I think I may have flooded it

A small displacement 2 stroke won't idle very good until it's HOT. Once it's really warmed up, then you can attempt to set the idle.
There is a screw on the side of the carburetor, you turn it in slowly to get it to increase the idle speed.
If you get it super warmed up and it still won't idle at all, then your carburetor is dirty and you need to clean it.
Cleaning a carb isn't hard, but you need a few basic tools. There are 1000 videos of carburetor cleaning on youtube.

Let us know what happens... -BIG DAN:thumb:

Those little 80's need the idle set at little higher than what you think sounds like a purr of a four stroke. These are race bikes and really are not designed to set and idle. They where meant for thing and one thing only. WFO and as much of that as you can give it. :ride: google a national kid racing a 85cc bike and that is what that bike is meant for :prof:

where be the wheelie king??????

Those little 80's need the idle set at little higher than what you think sounds like a purr of a four stroke. These are race bikes and really are not designed to set and idle. They where meant for thing and one thing only. WFO and as much of that as you can give it. :ride: google a national kid racing a 85cc bike and that is what that bike is meant for :prof:

I can just see him now using this advise...... ahhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......... i feel the bottom of my Nikes gettin HOTTTTTTTT. good thing I got these hand guards, fork guards an skid plate on............... I feel an accident comin on...... :shocked:............. :eek: