Toy haulers

My dad and I have been talkin about toy haulers lately, but we really don't know much about em except they hold bikes and the bed and kitchen pops out or whatever lol.
We want something thats not terribly big so we can keep it at a storage unit; and about how much they go for. Anyone wanna help out?

you can still pick up stuff for farely cheap... how big is your storage unit and what are you going to be towing it with?

We'll get the storage unit after we buy it kinda deal, we would keep it in the back hard but it'd be hassle having to move the other trailer and the boat then having to put all that back away lol.
And its gonna be pulled by a bronco.

You might want to consider an enclosed trailer for hauling the bikes. Unless you intend to camp then the toy hauler would be the way to go. You'd have to have a really tall storage unit to fit even a small toy hauler in it. They are pretty close to 10 or 12 feet tall.

You might want to consider an enclosed trailer for hauling the bikes. Unless you intend to camp then the toy hauler would be the way to go. You'd have to have a really tall storage unit to fit even a small toy hauler in it. They are pretty close to 10 or 12 feet tall.
Yeah see were planning to be able to camp in it, other wise we woulda gotten a regular trailer before. When we take trips going up to the mountains or whatever it'd be nice to have somewhere closed in to sit instead of just the tent, and espically sense I refuse to go camping without my dog it'd be nice to be able to leave her in the trailer instead of the back of the truck so she actually has room to get up and walk around some. Don't get me wrong she doesn't mind bein in the back of the truck she just sleeps the whole time anyway but shes getting old now and doesn't like jumping back in there to much any more.

Storing even a small Toy Hauler indoors will be difficult. Unless you can find a RV storage warehouse. There is one down the rode from my place. But I cant imagine its cheap.

I did have a thought though. I dont remember the name brand. But Ive seen pop up tent trailers that have a large deck on the front of them that I want to say will hold to full size utility quads. So a pair of dirt bikes would be very easy. If your creative you could probably get 3 on there. They are good looking trailers, the have good ground clearance and when you have them fully opened up they are quite roomy inside.

You could easily store one of these in a storage unit if it was like a 10x20 unit.

Yeah we have a few RV storage units around here that we could keep it at.
And that would be a good idea but we wan't something that we can actually keep the bikes indoors with.

18x30,40,45%20rv%20cover.jpg

if your looking at new i guess its around 1k a ft. i would start checking into craigslist or any other way to buy used as with todays economy you should be able to find one pretty cheap.

also i think the 24 ft size is a good size and what i will be looking into getting myself.

I would seriously doubt that a Bronco, even full size would be able to tow a toy hauler. They are heavy, very heavy. Check dry weight on the TH then add 2000-2500 pounds for stuff. How many bikes do you need to carry? A better idea might be a regular travel trailer that is much lighter to tow, but you will need a pickup to haul your bikes with then tow the travel trailer. I have had RV's of different sorts for many years and have gone to the Rv shows to get ideas also.

Another idea, as somebody earlier suggested would be to get an enclosed trailer and then rough it in there. Here is a good start of stuff to look at where people have done a bunch of custom stuff:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355022&highlight=enclosed+trailers

I would seriously doubt that a Bronco, even full size would be able to tow a toy hauler. They are heavy, very heavy. Check dry weight on the TH then add 2000-2500 pounds for stuff. How many bikes do you need to carry? A better idea might be a regular travel trailer that is much lighter to tow, but you will need a pickup to haul your bikes with then tow the travel trailer. I have had RV's of different sorts for many years and have gone to the Rv shows to get ideas also.

Another idea, as somebody earlier suggested would be to get an enclosed trailer and then rough it in there. Here is a good start of stuff to look at where people have done a bunch of custom stuff:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355022&highlight=enclosed+trailers

I was looking for a toy hauler on a shoe string budget... I had a pick up so I ended up with a 1500 travelite trailer.. has a shower, a microwave and kitchen and sleeps 4 easily more if you double up and I can fit 3 bikes in the truck plus gear........ Works great for me for now.

My dad and I have been talkin about toy haulers lately, but we really don't know much about em except they hold bikes and the bed and kitchen pops out or whatever lol.
We want something thats not terribly big so we can keep it at a storage unit; and about how much they go for. Anyone wanna help out?
Did you check out the link I posted?

Before you look at exactly what size you want, you need to think about what a good size is for whatever truck/SUV you pull it with. Its not really fun pulling a 32ft loaded toy hauler with a Tahoe. You will be sweating bullets the whole way. Oh, and it's really fun when semi's pass you.