2 Stroke Top end options? CR125

Wow, been a while since I've been on DBA. I miss this place..:cry: hahaha
but anyway.

So basically i really screwed up when i re-rung my '94 CR125 last fall. Didn't check piston ring end clearance. :doh: Basically, seized so i tore it down, found out the clearance is off by .006" (six thousandths). So basically, what's my best option? I've thought about a .020" overbore, but would that require replating? I'm not sure how thick the Nikasil is on these things. Could I shave off .006" from my ring to make it fit? Thought I'd ask before really screwing myself up more here. haha

Thanks for any ideas/opinions!

Yes its called setting the "Ring End Gap"... There should be instructions telling you how to do so with your wiseco piston kit. basically you file the end of the rings until they meet spec.

Well i mean, i know you can do it, but i wondered if .006 was too much to file off? i'm thinking it's not.
Is there a way to find those instructions? I took the cheap way out and just ordered a ring.. :smirk:

I was thinking that, but i'm not sure. God i hope not, that's costly haha. Here's pics of my cylinder though. I think it looks pretty good..except for one possible problem spot. Lemme know what ya think.
wjifqe.jpg

Aaaand, this spot here i think might be an issue..not quite sure.
ojmhyr.jpg

Yeeeup. Well the guy before me did at least. haha
Probably ordering new ring next week. Prom is this weekend, if I have ANY money left it's going RIGHT into my bike!! :smirk:

yep the ole famous exhaust port,, honestly some people relieve them so they dont make some much contact with the piston, I wouldn't mess with replating that. drill new holes or relieve it and your good.

yep the ole famous exhaust port,, honestly some people relieve them so they dont make some much contact with the piston, I wouldn't mess with replating that. drill new holes or relieve it and your good.

Just came from a buddies house that bought an 04 with a fried topend.... same thing. his needs replating.... lol