Tonka Town Ride Report

So I am chillin in my hotel room in Chicago and I am checking out the video and pics..:drool:

I'm looking the spot to the left of where you went down, but I would need to see the area. Need to see the landing spot and may need to mod the launch pad a little, but you never know.:thinking: I may need to calm myself a little. :devil:

Question Trav - in the vid on the sweet Singel Track, it looks like you are sitting a lot. If that is true, you need to start standing up and get your weight up over the bars. That will be where you live if you start racing. Plus it will help you from not blowing all those corners.

Just handing out some advice/tips, take it for what it is worth, which is probable $0.00

i was standing a lot. in fact its something that in my head i have been in training mode. more and more i think of my ride as a work out so before when it was nothing else but fun to me i would sit the second i felt that burn. now i push through it and im building those muscles and making the fat cry at the same time.

In teh sweet singletrack i think i was actually sitting a lot more and part of it was the tight corners. i haven't always been comfortable with standing and shifting(use to sit to shift)/cornering so i think that when im really trying to push it i will start sitting earlier then i should and im hesitant to stand right back up if it is that im sitting into a corner and i see another corner coming up. i have been getting more and more comfy with standing up in a corner and really leaning into it or what have you depending on teh terrain in the past few months tho.

I definitely will take your advice about the getting my weight up over the bars and give it a shot. Maybe thats what i have already been doing lately that makes it feel less sketchy in a corner standing. either way next ride you can bet your bottom dollar i will be thinking about it... :thumb: this old dog will never stop learning new tricks

i was standing a lot. in fact its something that in my head i have been in training mode. more and more i think of my ride as a work out so before when it was nothing else but fun to me i would sit the second i felt that burn. now i push through it and im building those muscles and making the fat cry at the same time.

In teh sweet singletrack i think i was actually sitting a lot more and part of it was the tight corners. i haven't always been comfortable with standing and shifting(use to sit to shift)/cornering so i think that when im really trying to push it i will start sitting earlier then i should and im hesitant to stand right back up if it is that im sitting into a corner and i see another corner coming up. i have been getting more and more comfy with standing up in a corner and really leaning into it or what have you depending on teh terrain in the past few months tho.

I definitely will take your advice about the getting my weight up over the bars and give it a shot. Maybe thats what i have already been doing lately that makes it feel less sketchy in a corner standing. either way next ride you can bet your bottom dollar i will be thinking about it... :thumb: this old dog will never stop learning new tricks
:thumb: I look forward to coming out and riding with you and trying to keep up..