DRZ to rich or to lean?

So I plan to replace the choke lever and plunge assembly as it is no longer holding it open, but I would also like to make sure my carb is jetted propley so that I don't have to always run the bike with the choke open. I'm no expert at this jetting thing I did just rebuild the carb and I'm wondering if rebuilding it and replacing the spark plug will set it "stock" so to say. The bike starts with the choke open. But as soon as it closes a little it stalls. Does this mean I'm running lean or rich? Also how do I adjust the jets to fix that. Or is riding with the choke open constantly not that big of a deal for these cold engines?

My manual doesn't specify an idle screw either. It just has, pilot jet, main jet, and air jet. And several adjustment screws is it one of those adjustment screws.

SRAD97750

Staff member
34 and 35 are the basic components in the idle circuit.
One is the idle fuel mixture screw and the other is the idle jet.
The connecting passages must be clean as well. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Well with the fresh carb rebuild and the idle set properly she purrs even without the choke. I did notice the kick starter getting a little loose. I tried tightening the bolt but that didn't do it. Is there a bearing in there?

There is a ball bearing and spring in there. The spring or bearing usually wear. I believe you can buy them seperate now. If not you can buy the ball bearing and spring for the Yamaha yz250 and that will work as well.