Timo Got His Arse Kicked

I had no business riding yesterday. Coming off a busted collarbone, to ride for a 4th week in a row was nuts. All the signs pointed to no also. I still have tons to do to prep for the Easter Extravaganza. I was denied my favorite ride samich, and had to get one from elsewhere. While BH was driving home Friday night on the freeway, the hood came unlatched and folded itself back against the windshield. Then, Trav cancels Friday night late, leaving me alone with Kenshaw. Not ever meeting him, I was afraid he would take advantage of my womanly figure, but throwing caution to the wind, and to see new trails at my favorite area, I pressed on, and we met up at Dennys for some breakfast.

I got a Grand Slamwhich, which was excellent, and we were out, staged, and on he bikes at 9:00ish. Being it was going to be warm, we decided to go to Kenshaws slow crawling wash first, and my higher speed route second.

The twins for the ride.
Kenshaw Copper City 008.JPG

First one of the day.
Kenshaw Copper City 009.JPG

On the bikes for number 2.
Kenshaw Copper City 010.JPG

This was the stop to the wash entrance.
Kenshaw Copper City 011.JPG

A quick shot of the trail we are coming back to.
Kenshaw Copper City 012.JPG

We rode the first finger to the end at some cool falls.
Kenshaw Copper City 013.JPG
This spot was a picture frenzy area.
Kenshaw Copper City 014.JPG

Kenshaw Copper City 015.JPG

Kenshaw Copper City 016.JPG

More to come....

One more from that stop, looking back to where we have to go.

Kenshaw Copper City 018.JPG

I skipped this shot on the way up the wash, but not back down.
Kenshaw Copper City 019.JPG

A beautiful stop.
Kenshaw Copper City 020.JPG

Back at the "Y".
Kenshaw Copper City 021.JPG

It was a great wash.
Kenshaw Copper City 022.JPG

Another quick shot a little later.
Kenshaw Copper City 023.JPG

The next photo op, was this shoe horn.
Kenshaw Copper City 024.JPG

Yes, my fat ass fit through.
Kenshaw Copper City 025.JPG

We made our way to the end of the wash, and after a couple attempts I made it out. We then came to this, that I couldn't make it up.
Kenshaw Copper City 026.JPG

More to come...

After not making the rock faced climb, with my tail between my legs, we took a trail down, and went back to the trucks. After a short break, we headed out on Timos loop. All was going good, but at the valley of the hill climbs, I noticed puddling under my bike.
Upon further examination, I pulled this out of my bottom radiator hose.
Kenshaw Copper City 028.JPG

After adjusting the hose down, I was able to get the hose down just enough to stop the leak.
Kenshaw Copper City 029.JPG
We made our way around to the Rock House, where I scored some water to refill my radiator.
Kenshaw Copper City 030.JPG
Kenshaw checking the structure.
Kenshaw Copper City 031.JPG
The new seat that has been installed.
Kenshaw Copper City 032.JPG
From the Rock House, it's a short trip to Tonka Town.
TnT Ranch with the new back "ho".
Kenshaw Copper City 034.JPG
The new Barbie Paradise.

Kenshaw Copper City 035.JPG
More to come...

Not much shots left.

My ugly mug at TT.
Kenshaw Copper City 036.JPG

Kenshaws proof he was there.
Kenshaw Copper City 037.JPG

The twins.
Kenshaw Copper City 038.JPG
Then it was out the back of TT, then over to Travs cave.
Kenshaw Copper City 039.JPG

Two crazy mofos in a row that went in there.
Kenshaw Copper City 040.JPG
From there we went to the top of my loop, and I pointed across the valley of what the rest would consist of. We both decided it was too late in the day for all of it, so we aborted and did a little more exploring, before we headed to the trucks. Only 50ish miles or so for the day, but I was freakin beat. I don't feel that bad today, but I pretty much spent the entire night, awake, with leg cramps that told me "Your Arse Was Kicked Today." :smirk:

Last one of the day was a market for a resupply of water for the ride home. Also, the clerk had appearently had Taco Bell for lunch. :shocked:
Kenshaw Copper City 041.JPG

That wraps it. Thanks for a awesome ride to Kenshaw, and hope we can do it again sometime when I can take you down my entire loop.:thumb:

Tim, it was great finally meeting you and don't think for a second I wasn't trying to get you into that cave to take advantage of your aforementioned "womanly figure".:wink: And yes, that store clerk dropped what prolly was considered a heavy explosive even for that area:eek: That place has the most diverse geography of any of the desert areas around. Some different stuf you find every time you go out there. You were a great trail boss and great trail mechanic:thumb:

Awe a bromance felt story. You guys must have had such a good time.
On another note, my F ing rotator is feeling very suck ass at the moment. I might have tried to work it a little to fast and hard. I hope this damn thing is not torn. I think I might get it looked at this week. :banghead:

Awe a bromance felt story. You guys must have had such a good time.
On another note, my F ing rotator is feeling very suck ass at the moment. I might have tried to work it a little to fast and hard. I hope this damn thing is not torn. I think I might get it looked at this week. :banghead:

Mine was a complete tear off of the bone. My ortho had to put 3 anchors into my bone with the threads attached to them to then re-attach the rotator cuff to the bone. My right shoulder and being right handed, well, fun times...

yea sorry i bailed out... i had family stuff come up but more importantly my bike was not ready and i dont want to be the guy who has bike issues every ride :/

Looks like fun was had and that canyon slot looks bitchen.

Mine was a complete tear off of the bone. My ortho had to put 3 anchors into my bone with the threads attached to them to then re-attach the rotator cuff to the bone. My right shoulder and being right handed, well, fun times...
Did that with my knee cap and Pat/tenden. Still have surg cords holding it together. :cripple:

yea sorry i bailed out... i had family stuff come up but more importantly my bike was not ready and i dont want to be the guy who has bike issues every ride :/

Looks like fun was had and that canyon slot looks bitchen.

Good choice, get the bike sorted so Easter/B-day is non-issue. :thumb:

And Timo, I was just screwing with you about the frame. All is good in your timing! :thumb: