Timing chain stretched?

Hey all, this is a question for a stretched timing chain.
It is on a YFZ 450(quad) not sure if it’s allowed here, but it is a just a timing chain/tensioner issue.

I pulled it apart today to re do the top end and noticed the timing chain will slip over the cam gears, with or without the timing tensioner.
it doesn’t slip easily, but it will eventually jump a tooth on the intake cam.
this must have really messed with the timing, causing it to turn off and never turn back on last year.
could the chain stretch so much that it will slip over the gears?
or is my tensioner just really worn out?

thanks.

No it should not slip over the gears even without tension. Here's my advice keep removing parts of the quad, as many as possible. Buy an angle grinder with CASH ONLY
Make several holes in the backyard and place parts in and cover.
The frame should be dismembered into pieces small enough to where it's origins are untraceable, and be sure to wear latex gloves inside leather gloves and bury the leather ones, and flush the latex ones.
And try not to behave too suspiciously. You're welcome.:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Howdy. The service manual will have a spec for the correct length of ten links of the cam chain. If out of spec, replace. -BIG DAN:thumb:

No it should not slip over the gears even without tension. Here's my advice keep removing parts of the quad, as many as possible. Buy an angle grinder with CASH ONLY
The frame should be dismembered into pieces small enough to where it's origins are untraceable, and be sure to wear latex gloves inside leather gloves and bury the leather ones, and flush the latex ones.

Good one ..

HAHA, this was funny, the angel grinder with cash had me confused until I kept reading.

Howdy. The service manual will have a spec for the correct length of ten links of the cam chain. If out of spec, replace. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Thank you. I bought a new chain and when compared to the old one, it was really stretched.

Attachments

• DB1D5B45-3EDC-44EA-9CE1-BE0AB8C283BD.jpeg
    DB1D5B45-3EDC-44EA-9CE1-BE0AB8C283BD.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3
Yeah I met a guy on a quad once. Didnt care for it

OcejXZP.jpg