Tight RV Storage

So I was doing some lawn maintenance yesterday in the backyard, and when the bag on the mower gets full, I need to empty it in the trash can that is in front of the side yard. Sounds like a quick walk yes? Well the yard can is in front of my Toy Hauler and it is a tight squeeze getting past the house and the trailer. That got me thinking, do any of you guys have as tight a spot to back your rigs down as I do? I thought I would post a few shots of the wiggle room I have when taking and putting away my trailer and boat (the boat is easier).

To start off, Here is a shot of part of my yard. You can see the back-end of the trailer and the boat behind it. Normally the trailer is sitting where the boat is during the summer but we have not had the opportunity to take the boat out this year, so I did not swap them.
IMG_0214.jpg

Here is Billy Idol getting his exercise. He can run better now that the grass is not taller then him...:smirk:
IMG_0213.jpg

So here are some shots of the back looking toward the front.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

So you're thinking, "Hey CDA, you have plenty of room on the house side, just tuck it in more toward the house" Well sounds good, but have this little meter I have to keep an eye on. My buddy works for the Gas Company and we replaced the old unit with a new one and tucked it in a little. It use to stick out 3" pass the gas pipe going in to the ground. Before we moved that, I had nothing to work with, but we made it happen...
IMG_0207.jpg

Here are some shots from the front end looking back. Notice how much room my neighbor has for his RV? I have tried to get him to let me move the wall 6" into his yard, but that would cause a nightmare when one of us tries to move.
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

The best part is that when I come off the street I cannot see the wall, so 2 way radios and an excellent navigator (my wife) in the back yard and it gets down there. Of course when I start this process all my neighbors have to come out and watch and everybody decides to drive up and down the street as I am blocking it...:foul:

So if you have cool storage like I do, post it up or you can post up the nice room you have to park your Chit just to make me feel better..:smirk:

I WISH i had these issues.
Yeah it is a cool problem to have. I looked at off-site storage but too much money. Plus if you look at the meter picture, you will see a flush out, I can dump the tanks to the trailer right there. Makes it perfect for those holiday weekends when there is 15+ trailer/RV's waiting to dump at the gas stations.

Holy crap CDA - you win for backup skills. :thumb: I thought I had it tight in my back yard. No pics from me - my pic posting days are over.:thumb:
Yeah I have been backing up trailers since I was 10. :thumb: I heard about your little picture posting issues...:shocked:

I'm thinking a nice large Round DBA sticker in the upper right corner of the back door would look pretty sweet..:thinking: Jaime buddy, how you doing..:D:wiggle::hug:

James

Staff member
Holy crap CDA - you win for backup skills. :thumb: I thought I had it tight in my back yard. No pics from me - my pic posting days are over.:thumb:
:lol: That's a big :thumb:, damn that's a tight space. :bonk:
I'm thinking a nice large Round DBA sticker in the upper right corner of the back door would look pretty sweet..:thinking: Jaime buddy, how you doing..:D:wiggle::hug:
Just got of the phone with my graphics/decals guy, should have a quote for you sometime today. :ride:

I don't have any pictures of the inside when it is setup for camping, but here is pic of some of the toys loaded in.
DSC00886.jpg

Nice set-up CDA :thumb: I would prefer a hauler but my wife won't let me - she likes to mix herself a Martini while I white-knuckle our Class C down the highway. :cry:

Nice set-up CDA :thumb: I would prefer a hauler but my wife won't let me - she likes to mix herself a Martini while I white-knuckle our Class C down the highway. :cry:

N'edge...you need to refer to Diva's post about riding in a toy hauler.......(disclamer goes here)...it can be done, how comfortable and legal is well ?????????????????? :smirk:...:smirk:...Oh, and is your wife making that martini for you to calm your nerves??? :devil:

So I was doing some lawn maintenance yesterday in the backyard, and when the bag on the mower gets full, I need to empty it in the trash can that is in front of the side yard. Sounds like a quick walk yes? Well the yard can is in front of my Toy Hauler and it is a tight squeeze getting past the house and the trailer. That got me thinking, do any of you guys have as tight a spot to back your rigs down as I do? I thought I would post a few shots of the wiggle room I have when taking and putting away my trailer and boat (the boat is easier).

To start off, Here is a shot of part of my yard. You can see the back-end of the trailer and the boat behind it. Normally the trailer is sitting where the boat is during the summer but we have not had the opportunity to take the boat out this year, so I did not swap them.
IMG_0214.jpg

Here is Billy Idol getting his exercise. He can run better now that the grass is not taller then him...:smirk:
IMG_0213.jpg

So here are some shots of the back looking toward the front.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

So you're thinking, "Hey CDA, you have plenty of room on the house side, just tuck it in more toward the house" Well sounds good, but have this little meter I have to keep an eye on. My buddy works for the Gas Company and we replaced the old unit with a new one and tucked it in a little. It use to stick out 3" pass the gas pipe going in to the ground. Before we moved that, I had nothing to work with, but we made it happen...
IMG_0207.jpg

Here are some shots from the front end looking back. Notice how much room my neighbor has for his RV? I have tried to get him to let me move the wall 6" into his yard, but that would cause a nightmare when one of us tries to move.
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

The best part is that when I come off the street I cannot see the wall, so 2 way radios and an excellent navigator (my wife) in the back yard and it gets down there. Of course when I start this process all my neighbors have to come out and watch and everybody decides to drive up and down the street as I am blocking it...:foul:

So if you have cool storage like I do, post it up or you can post up the nice room you have to park your Chit just to make me feel better..:smirk:

It's no F'n wonder you leave your bike on the stand.............:smirk:...I'd be too stressed out thinking about re-parking the damn rig I wouldn't want to ride either! :lol: I say go for moving the wall...screw the possible sale/move...cross that bridge when you get to it..............If you noticed my surroundings when viewing my awesome bike my trailer is parked in the back 40............more like back 80 (1/2 acre lot) :banana: for the room...:shocked: for the weeds and upkeep...

N'edge...you need to refer to Diva's post about riding in a toy hauler.......(disclamer goes here)...it can be done, how comfortable and legal is well ?????????????????? :smirk:...:smirk:...Oh, and is your wife making that martini for you to calm your nerves??? :devil:

I think that in some states you actually can ride in a 5th wheel??

That's what she said...:smirk:

:thumb:Do you have a pic or file of what it will look like that you can send me?

I say use the same pic of the rider, place it in the middle and wrap the "dirt bike adict" over the top and DBA.com underneath.......:thumb: Oh, and I'll take 2 please!!!!!