Thoughts on a new bike

Dude those KTM 300's are way more bike than you need. However I have been guilty of saying just because you have all that power doesnt mean you have to use all of it. But its there if you need it. But............. Because your young and wreckless you'll likely try to use it all and kill yourself. I personally have ridden the KTM 300. Its a great bike and it does have lots of power. But the nice thing about it is that you can tractor it like a 4T bike as long as you have it jetted correctly.

Dude those KTM 300's are way more bike than you need. However I have been guilty of saying just because you have all that power doesnt mean you have to use all of it. But its there if you need it. But............. Because your young and wreckless you'll likely try to use it all and kill yourself. I personally have ridden the KTM 300. Its a great bike and it does have lots of power. But the nice thing about it is that you can tractor it like a 4T bike as long as you have it jetted correctly.

yes the 300 is way more bike than is needed!!! i have ridden them and they can easily get away from u, especially in the tight stuff.

Just my opinion....

The 300 is a easier bike to ride than my 200 or my 250r....:thumb:

Yes and No. Not having ridden the KTM 200 I cannot compare. But I guess the 300 would be easier to ride because of the better power (or Torque) compared to your 200

Now Your CR on the other hand. Man Im telling you. That bike can be a great woods bike if you just take the time to adjust the suspension. You'll get used to the power delivery

Bikes aren't disposable fix it!

Not worth it. Probably getting parted out.

Not to be mean but you sound old. I won't try to kill myself on it. I'll keep a death grip on the clutch and short shift till i get used to it.

Just my opinion....

The 300 is a easier bike to ride than my 200 or my 250r....:thumb:

For reals? nice. though may be different, did you ride an exc or mxc?

Not worth it. Probably getting parted out.

Not to be mean but you sound old. I won't try to kill myself on it. I'll keep a death grip on the clutch and short shift till i get used to it.

For reals? nice. though may be different, did you ride an exc or mxc?
exc or xc-w, cant remember if it was o5 or 06.
and 2 smoke, the cr just plain sucks compared to the 200 in the woods in every aspect... visa versa on the track I assume... :thinking:

personaly, ive ridden a freshly rebuilt ktm 300 exc and compared it to my cr 250, first off, my bike is nice and jumpy, the ktms power is kinda weak u have to try to make it stand up u cant just pull the throttle unless u have some realy good traction somewhere, its made for realy tight stuff for sure, i had to get over a 5 foot tall straight up cement block and it crawled right over it no problem, my cr on the other hand was kinda sketchy because its so jumpy so i ended up just basicaly hopping up it with a smaller rock at the bottom, thats what i like about it, takes a bit more skill to do everything

personaly, ive ridden a freshly rebuilt ktm 300 exc and compared it to my cr 250, first off, my bike is nice and jumpy, the ktms power is kinda weak u have to try to make it stand up u cant just pull the throttle unless u have some realy good traction somewhere, its made for realy tight stuff for sure, i had to get over a 5 foot tall straight up cement block and it crawled right over it no problem, my cr on the other hand was kinda sketchy because its so jumpy so i ended up just basicaly hopping up it with a smaller rock at the bottom, thats what i like about it, takes a bit more skill to do everything

What year was it? In 03 they made the engine allot smoother, 02's and older are supposed to have a good hit. The MXC is made to do MX and woods(enduro/HS) so it's tranny is closer ratio(unlike the EXC you rode which has a wide ratio tranny which is much better for woods and flat outs such as desert)

out of those last 2 i vote the first one, it looks way cleaner... IMO you should get a 250cc mx bike throw a gnarly pipe on it a :ride: like a bat out of hell