This year I learned...

I dont think that's true. I'm a moto guy (never raced a harescramble), but a guy on TT that I used to chat with died doing a practice run for a harescramble. The danger is out there. Going fast and smacking into a tree aint very safe. Like I said, I'm a moto guy, but I also respect the other (dark :smirk:) side. They can get hurt, and they are in true danger. Some of those guys are just as badass without hitting a 120ft triple.
We observed one, all the guys were going really slow so thats why it was funny. Never said I don't respect them but most of the time it seems like pretty light racing

We observed one, all the guys were going really slow so thats why it was funny. Never said I don't respect them but most of the time it seems like pretty light racing
alot of it has to do with the fact that our races are 2-3 hours long, you can not go full bore that long without bad things happening, maintaining your energy is part of the game.

That said, yeah, the 40+ and beginner class does seem to just cruise, but the pro's are turning over 30 minute lap times on 25 mile courses

alot of it has to do with the fact that our races are 2-3 hours long, you can not go full bore that long without bad things happening, maintaining your energy is part of the game.

That said, yeah, the 40+ beginner class does seem to just cruise, but the pro's and CDA are turning over 30 minute lap times on 25 mile courses
Fixed it for you.:smirk:

I went to a hairscramble this year and most of the guys were cruseing. But the top 10 or so that were serious were definitlay doing more than cruseing and were in some serious danger going on the lines they were that fast