250F This crf worth the money?

It’s two hours away so if I go look at it I’m committed to buy it should I just do i
No you're not! If you're not already on your way to see it take another MX mate as an extra set of eyes and ears always helps pick out any problems(haggling tools) also ask if he has receipts for the work on the top end as he could be talking Pish! If you're thinking about going tonight try to put it off til you can see/ride it during daylight hours, dark by 5.30 up here in Glasgow already!

Its been posted for 10 days. That usually tells me that its not worth what the seller is asking. Cuz if it was a screaming deal it would be gone by now.

I never trust a seller who says "I just got it, I don't know anything, I can't answer any of your questions."

Pass- and put any extra funds into perfecting the one you have. My opinion

Not necessarily, Pistons are cheap. Some people want a high comp and take out a low hour stocker and toss it. I've got a couple of Pistons on the shelf right now, when I pull the head to look things over, a new one goes in. Why the hell not?
You do valves also? Sure, replace the piston why the hell not. But replace the valves that early? Means they have been floating and on the rev limiter. Just rebuilt my sons 05 CRF450R for it's second time (first since he got it), you could shave with the valves, but it had 200 hours on it.

Well my '14 int valves were beat to hell when I got it. I suppose it could have been a floater, had 80hrs. Better to have a guy who revs the snot out of it, and maintains, than a "never raced trail ridden only" that gets put away dirty. Giving take outs to the next owner is kinda silly
"Here ya go new owner, a stretched out timing chain!" :wink:
Personally, I wouldn't give that much for the bike in question, but it may be just in my area they are cheaper.

Last edited: