250F Thinking of powdercoating my frame

What color should I powdercoat the frame?

• Light Metallic Silver

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Dark Metallic Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Black

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • White

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, list below

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Every winter I go through the bike, at this point, the frame is missing the factory paint in alot of areas.
So, I'm considering having it powdercoated, I have an aluminum subframe that I'm going to install this winter, so I'm thinking a light metallic silver :thinking:
other options are
Blue
Black
White
so what say ye?
100_0322.jpg

I say blue frame, and black on the wheels, and other misc parts. Then get blue oil plugs, sprocket, and other small accents. :noidea:

Seriously, you should make some calls to a few local shops to see what the going prices are. Around here, going price would be around $250 for sandblasting and a single coat of powder. If you go with a silver, even the good outdoor silvers are fairly flat, so common practice is to add a clear to give some gloss, and add extra protection on top of the base coat. But, that's an exrtra $100, bumping the price for the total job to $350.:shocked: I can do a little better, but shipping a frame, which is light but going to be a large box, so Im not sure what all that will cost.

PM sent.:thumb:

i had a local guy say $250 for Blue frame/subframe, blue hubs and black wheels... that included sand blasting and powder blasting the engine. Everyone around here is really short on work though.