Thinking about using a Makita impact wrench to change my oil!

:smirk::busted::busted::smirk:

What do you guys recommend? Anyone here ever try using an impact wrench to remove and replace their oil drain bolt? How did that work out for you? Would you switch to DeWalt or continue using Makita?

Those things are not strong enough. The best way is to use a pneumatic impact rated for at least 300 ft-lbs. That will get the bolt tight.

James

Staff member

What do you guys recommend? Anyone here ever try using an impact wrench to remove and replace their oil drain bolt? How did that work out for you? Would you switch to DeWalt or continue using Makita?

Wasn't their somebody who used to do it that way? :devil:

:lol: I will say that thread at TT brought some laughs. :smirk:

You guys, as usual, are doing it all wrong.

Don't torque the bolt so tight, just snug is all you need.

Then spot weld it, that way it won't come loose.

Anything else I can help you with, just ask.

Maybe The Blacksheep could provide us some insight on this subject. I recall a thread where he had firsthand experience using a Makita or a DeWalt power tool. :smirk:
You guys, as usual, are doing it all wrong.

Don't torque the bolt so tight, just snug is all you need.

Then spot weld it, that way it won't come loose.

Anything else I can help you with, just ask.

How come ? I just bolt mine using a box wrench. Apply a little thread lock. It will never come off unless u open it using a box wrench.

gramps - you need to know the history of the post. The Black Sheep needs to show up and tell his story!!!!!!

Or someone needs to go find the thread in TT

How come ? I just bolt mine using a box wrench. Apply a little thread lock. It will never come off unless u open it using a box wrench.

You've got it all wrong Toke-one, toss the box wrench. Get out one of those new-fangled envelope wrenches and you golden. You're welcome. N-edge