These girls sure know how to ride some dirt!

Ya, these girls are good! Wish I were young again and had friends like this. I liked Barbies but I also liked to build forts, ride my 10 speed in the dirt and climb trees. I just didnt have any other gal friends to do it with. I did do a lot of roller skating and some skateboarding. I spent a lot of time down by the beach skating Venice to SM. That was during the "Dog Town" Days. I still have an original Dog Town T-shirt. Yep, those were some wild times in Venice and Santa Monica.

Here is the movie trailer for these women and their "Women of Dirt" movie.

DH Mt biking is a rad sport!:hail: It is amazing that they wear such little protection. Especially on their bare legs! I used to know a guy who competed in DH. His legs were all scared up from knee to ankle. Why they wouldnt wear some streamline gear to protect is beyond me:noidea: I know they need to be able to move around and all but it just surprises me. Im sure they must have some special designed gear they could wear. They must! Because if they hit a tree full speed BAM:crash::faint: But then again, they are no different then those crazy skaters and BMX'ers who dont either. But DH carries some serious speed and impact. They are like crazy ass honey badgers!:lol:

i got to ride big bear ski resort in the summer on a fully tricked out DH mt bike. It was so much fun. I worked at a bike shop and the owner raced DH. id get to go sometimes and we would all ride. Its just like our community as well. They knew were the SST that led ya away from the resort was. by far the gnarliest stuff i been on a mt bike with.

i got to ride big bear ski resort in the summer on a fully tricked out DH mt bike. It was so much fun. I worked at a bike shop and the owner raced DH. id get to go sometimes and we would all ride. Its just like our community as well. They knew were the SST that led ya away from the resort was. by far the gnarliest stuff i been on a mt bike with.

Very cool Trav. I want to try it! My son took his bike up to Mammoth over the summer and did a DH trail. He also broke his fork on it. He should have used a rented bike they offered. It was really cool trail. One of those clips from that trailer is Mammoth Mt.. Those bikes cost as much as some of our motorcycles! It's nuts! And yes your right, they are a tight community. I think all dangerous sports have a tight community. We are important to one another for survival.

Here are some pics I took of my friend from 6 years ago. This is off Old Templin Hwy.. We had to hike up the side of this steep hill. This was a BIG, SICK drop! We made a path with rocks for him to follow. That is his truck parked down below to give you prospective. He is nuts! His bike cost him $7,000.00:shocked:Twice as much as I paid for my dirt bike with a motor! WTH??
IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

Poor quality, sorry. These are pics of pics.

Ya, these girls are good! Wish I were young again and had friends like this. I liked Barbies but I also liked to build forts, ride my 10 speed in the dirt and climb trees. I just didnt have any other gal friends to do it with. I did do a lot of roller skating and some skateboarding. I spent a lot of time down by the beach skating Venice to SM. That was during the "Dog Town" Days. I still have an original Dog Town T-shirt. Yep, those were some wild times in Venice and Santa Monica.

Here is the movie trailer for these women and their "Women of Dirt" movie.

Things didn't look like they were going so good at the 43 second mark.:shocked: