These are cool helmets (6D Helmets)

James

Staff member
now if only they weren't the down payment for my next bike in cost.... plus my Bell helmets haven't failed me yet either :thinking:
Yeah that really is about the only downside, however when was the last time that a new helmet company came to market? Pretty much all the gear company helmets are made by one or two helmet companies.

Never said other helmets suck, I currently own a few Bells.

The 6D helmet has been made right (IMO). Plus it's the first time that somebody has tried a completely different MX helmet design that isn't just foam.

So you've done more than just meet "the people"..... then again, in my line of work and CDA can atest to this... you can see all the new bells and whistles, changes, revisions, etc to make something better however until the first "batch" is run you realy don't know what the results will be. And in 6D's case... have there been any instances questioing their new design/methods, etc... or has everything been wine and roses that would support the higher cost of their product?

Yeah that really is about the only downside, however when was the last time that a new helmet company came to market? Pretty much all the gear company helmets are made by one or two helmet companies.

Never said other helmets suck, I currently own a few Bells.
Never accused you of such I share your enthusiasm.
However my point is, if a shoei, bell, arai, airoh or which ever premium conventional helmet is doing the job very well, why should the average joe shell out more for a 6d?

James

Staff member
So you've done more than just meet "the people"..... then again, in my line of work and CDA can atest to this... you can see all the new bells and whistles, changes, revisions, etc to make something better however until the first "batch" is run you realy don't know what the results will be. And in 6D's case... have there been any instances questioing their new design/methods, etc... or has everything been wine and roses that would support the higher cost of their product?
Correct I've actually held the product in my heads. One of the helmets was actually the one that Bell crashed in and somehow managed to walk away from. They cut his helmet open so that you could see the insides.

Bell's big crash was in the Heat, came back through the LCQ, and then had another crash in the Main. Kid's lucky to be alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-jMz-hDgz0&hd=1

Never accused you of such I share your enthusiasm.
However my point is, if a shoei, bell, arai, airoh or which ever premium conventional helmet is doing the job very well, why should the average joe shell out more for a 6d?
If a 3 point safety harness/seat belt works why install a 6 point?