The what are you listening to thread

Definite hair band flavor there.
I hear a lot of influences there...maybe some Aldo Nova, some Ted and that whole Texas sound, (Dangerous Toys, Pantera, ZZ
Top, wasp, pentatonic rock), maybe some EVH and/or Nuno?, some King Kobra maybe, just to name a few...
yes no?

Last edited:
when I listen back to it sounds like winger :picard:
I guess we were trying to be accessible because my guitar influences are much heavier metal.

The only talent in that band was Reb Beach, I always think of two things when Winger is brought up, Pedifiles (she was only 17) and this guy.......

image.jpeg

when I listen back to it sounds like winger :picard:
Thats interesting, cuz I didn't get that the first time, and I was a big Reb Beach fan. That guy killed it. Headed For a Heartbreak guitar work was nothing short of beautiful, melodic wizardry. Kinda like Vito Bratta in that sense.
I'll have to go back and re-listen.

Thats interesting, cuz I didn't get that the first time, and I was a big Reb Beach fan. That guy killed it. Headed For a Heartbreak guitar work was nothing short of beautiful, melodic wizardry. Kinda like Vito Bratta in that sense.
I'll have to go back and re-listen.

There were many outstanding guitarists in the 80's that played for shitty bands. CC Deville, Neil Schon, Ace Frehley, yngwie Malmsteen (with Alcatraz) Richie Sambora and of course The aforementioned Reb Beach

Last edited: