The Stacks RR

That hydrant is just weird. I want details. I want to know why?!

I love those ridges and banks you can ride at Oco. Some of those ridge trails are so narrow and steep that they geek me out. Some days I feel "on" and will ride up Shell Reef and other days I feel geek'd.

I look forward to going back to Oco. Love those "stacks." I've tried to find them and couldnt. Then when Im not trying I have rode right up to them. I wish I knew Oco better. There are a few places I've tried to get back to and wasnt able to find the specific area a second time.

As usual, I love the video and music:thumb:

Excellent OW video Trav. Two :thumb: I've missed my OW window for this year. It sucks I only made one trip down there. I really think I'm going there for Thanksgiving. Monday to Wednesday down there just freakin rocks. :rocker:

Why is the window gone? Too hot already? I hope not. Im going second week in April. I do know it gets hot down there early in the year.

I love those ridges and banks you can ride at Oco. Some of those ridge trails are so narrow and steep that they geek me out. Some days I feel "on" and will ride up Shell Reef and other days I feel geek'd.

I look forward to going back to Oco. Love those "stacks." I've tried to find them and couldnt. Then when Im not trying I have rode right up to them. I wish I knew Oco better. There are a few places I've tried to get back to and wasnt able to find the specific area a second time.

i dont think any of us knew exactly where they were at. that was kinda the plan of the ride... to find em. i got em marked in my GPS now so :thumb: but you can use the back side of devils slide to waypoint the general idea. if you were standing on devils slide looking off the back side you would want to go north east and its in that rough stuff somewhere :lol:

i have no idea about the hydrant but its on a handkerchief map of OW that i got at north county yamaha. i mentioned it to someone and we the one time i lead at all i run up a hill right into it :rocker:

i dont think any of us knew exactly where they were at. that was kinda the plan of the ride... to find em. i got em marked in my GPS now so :thumb: but you can use the back side of devils slide to waypoint the general idea. if you were standing on devils slide looking off the back side you would want to go north east and its in that rough stuff somewhere :lol:

i have no idea about the hydrant but its on a handkerchief map of OW that i got at north county yamaha. i mentioned it to someone and we the one time i lead at all i run up a hill right into it :rocker:

At first glance I thought it was something that was left behind. Oh, and thanks for the vicinity directions:lol::thumb:

More strange things to add to the list is the phone booth that we found one time down there. It is just sitting up on top of a hill all by itself. :noidea:

More strange things to add to the list is the phone booth that we found one time down there. It is just sitting up on top of a hill all by itself. :noidea:

Wow, I think that is even weirder! I wonder if it is still there? You didnt take a pic? Or did I miss that post?

Wow, I think that is even weirder! I wonder if it is still there? You didnt take a pic? Or did I miss that post?
I saw this a couple of years ago before I knew about this forum. That was before I was trained to carry my camera.

The phone booth is still there it is in Truck Haven on the north side of s 22. Never been there but one day
You are correct. I was not sure but now that you mention it I was camping off of the 22 a couple years ago and we rode north and that is the location. Interesting terrain up there. :thinking:

sounds like a great destination to go to next to me :thumb: as long as Tierra Del Sol isn't out there having its 50th so there is 20000 jeeps around. we can stop at the fire hydrant on the way and i want to ride those ridges more

tg+022.jpg