The singletrack life

Some of the guys I've ridden with look kinda like that. :smirk: Lots of Elk, Moose, Deer, birds (whatever that one in the vid is), huntards walking the dirtbike trail.

:shocked:.... we had that down here too up in the LPNF a couple years ago..... deer hunters dragging a deer they bagged.... "UP" the trail!

:lol: I never heard that one before. Hey wait a dog gone minute, I am a hunter :rant:

HunTARD.... :lol:.......... :sorry:.......... :lol:

What gorgeous riding country! I would go off the trail starring at all the scenery:drool:I see a lot of red plants in the video, is that poison oak? If it is, I'd be screwed riding there.

I like how you took a moment to take it all in after that climb. What a view! That's what I love about trail riding. Getting to places that make you feel so far removed from civilization and just taking it all in. It's like it releases my stress and replaces it with nature and calmness. It makes me feel right, centered, like grounded. Sort of like a good chiropractic adjustment but much better and different. That is if the ride didnt cause me to need an adjustment :smirk: I guess if you live in a place like that all the time, it may not have quite the same affect. I live in crowded California. Land of traffic, long lines and noise. So this is what I crave.

I'd love a house where you guys stopped with the rubble on the ground. Perhaps that was a fire lookout at one time?

I've noticed in a lot of Idaho vids lots of rocks and plenty of challenging trails. Many I wouldnt dare try. An expert riders paradise.

You sure are lucky to live in such a place. Thanks for sharing your ride:thumb:

I see a lot of red plants in the video, is that poison oak? If it is, I'd be screwed riding there.

No. I've not run into any poisonous foliage up here.

I'd love a house where you guys stopped with the rubble on the ground. Perhaps that was a fire lookout at one time?

Yes, defunct fire lookout. Normally that area is buried in snow from November to July.

You sure are lucky to live in such a place. Thanks for sharing your ride:thumb:

I am indeed. I am happy that I am able to share the experience a little bit through video.
The invitation is open ended. If any of you ever find your way up here, I'd be happy to be a tour guide.

I make the drive every September....
You're way up North, haven't made it that far yet. Good stuff.
What are you going to ride for the next 9 months?

That makes me want to go up into the Sierra Nevada's out by my house, I'll have to put some spikes in my tires for the snowy spots tho.