The ride that never happened.

Well I'm bummed. I picked up a 1990 Police Interceptor Bronco as a project rig. Seemed to run good and everything was in good shape so we desided this weekend to take it instead of tearing up the new truck. Well we load all the gear in the Bronco, hook up the trailer and loaded the bikes. We had about 300 miles in the truck to go before we would unload and ride. Well we were in no hurry so we set the cruise and kicked back and zipped down the road. Well at about 180 miles things got shitty. The truck started loosing a little power and just wasn't acting right. Well I desided I would whip in and check things out at the AutoParts store.

After a quick check I notice the cap and rotor are a little burned so I do a quick tune up and replace the cap, rotor and wires. I fire it up and she runs but I can't tell if its changed anything......Well screw it lets go! We jump back on the freeway and fly down the road. About 20 more miles and check engine light kicks on....great! Oils good, temps fine, everything reads so I stick my foot in and and figure if she scatters we will unload the bikes and head into town.

After we reach Pocatello. (230 miles) I deside to stay the night there. That night we desided to head for home instead of getting farther away with the crippled rig. I didn't take to kindly to not getting to ride so I ran the Bronco as hard as I could. I figured if she blew at least I could find the weak spot. Needless to say she screamed the whole way home with the Engine Light on.

We got home and we were a little warm from the trip so we contacted my parents and hit the lake for a little tubing. After my arms had been jerked on all day by the tube neither my wife or I were ready to grab a bike and play. So in the end the bikes got put back in the garage for another day.:cry:

Well I'm bummed. I picked up a 1990 Police Interceptor Bronco as a project rig. Seemed to run good and everything was in good shape so we desided this weekend to take it instead of tearing up the new truck. Well we load all the gear in the Bronco, hook up the trailer and loaded the bikes. We had about 300 miles in the truck to go before we would unload and ride. Well we were in no hurry so we set the cruise and kicked back and zipped down the road. Well at about 180 miles things got shitty. The truck started loosing a little power and just wasn't acting right. Well I desided I would whip in and check things out at the AutoParts store.

After a quick check I notice the cap and rotor are a little burned so I do a quick tune up and replace the cap, rotor and wires. I fire it up and she runs but I can't tell if its changed anything......Well screw it lets go! We jump back on the freeway and fly down the road. About 20 more miles and check engine light kicks on....great! Oils good, temps fine, everything reads so I stick my foot in and and figure if she scatters we will unload the bikes and head into town.

After we reach Pocatello. (230 miles) I deside to stay the night there. That night we desided to head for home instead of getting farther away with the crippled rig. I didn't take to kindly to not getting to ride so I ran the Bronco as hard as I could. I figured if she blew at least I could find the weak spot. Needless to say she screamed the whole way home with the Engine Light on.

We got home and we were a little warm from the trip so we contacted my parents and hit the lake for a little tubing. After my arms had been jerked on all day by the tube neither my wife or I were ready to grab a bike and play. So in the end the bikes got put back in the garage for another day.:cry:

Since this may turn into a "truck" thread you may want to or James may move it...What are the details of your Brnco?
Model
Engine
Tranny (auto/stick)
details man I need details.........Not saying I could help but sounds interesting. Knock on wood...I've driven mine on the freeway back and forth to the desert, work around town wtih no issues except it needs new front breaks...the Flintstones breaking method is getting old!

:popcorn:

The Bronco is pretty cool. (I have owned 5 full size)

It has a 351W with a Crane Cams Ignition and some other goodies.
Headers with 3" Exaust
It has an Auto Tranny that I'm not familiar with. It has 3 seperate buttons. One shuts off the Overdrive, one locks up the converter, and one says engage (not sure what that is for yet)
Has sway bars front and rear.
Rancho 5000 shocks on each corner.
Rancho steering stablizer.
Warn 8000# winch with winch bumper
Still has the flashing headlights :devil: <--- I even think I still have a flashing blue light for the dash. :devil:
Pioneer Stereo with Sat.
Roll Bar
Airbags on the front and rear springs. (You can make this beast really stiff)

Only Bronco I have ever seen that says F-Super Duty on it and SVO on the back. Then has the stickers that say Police Interceptor also.

The Bronco is pretty cool. (I have owned 5 full size)

It has a 351W with a Crane Cams Ignition and some other goodies.
Headers with 3" Exaust
It has an Auto Tranny that I'm not familiar with. It has 3 seperate buttons. One shuts off the Overdrive, one locks up the converter, and one says engage (not sure what that is for yet)
Has sway bars front and rear.
Rancho 5000 shocks on each corner.
Rancho steering stablizer.
Warn 8000# winch with winch bumper
Still has the flashing headlights :devil: <--- I even think I still have a flashing blue light for the dash. :devil:
Pioneer Stereo with Sat.
Roll Bar
Airbags on the front and rear springs. (You can make this beast really stiff)

Only Bronco I have ever seen that says F-Super Duty on it and SVO on the back. Then has the stickers that say Police Interceptor also.

All I can say is ....................sweeeeet. Super Duty and SVO is way after Broncos were put out to pasture...As for the 3rd switch...could it be for a locker? I'm pretty sure the Rancho shock set up was an option Ford offered.