The Rezabergs magic button (AKA: E start)

Yah, he added a fan, my fan will come on after idle for five minutes. He just needs to ride it rather than let it idle. He should run it around the block and get more than 16 miles on it. I mean, who would buy a used bike that has say 1,000 miles but 3000 hours. :moon: :wave: :prof: Rez, you understand what I said? :P

Typo Palmer. At the pace he is going he will only have 160 miles on it and 3200 hours.

Rez, I do not recommend letting it idle for 5 or 10 minutes as it will get hot and I don't care if it has a fan on it. Keep a battery tender on it so it has a good charge all the time. If I let my bike sit for a week or so and go to start it I have a 50% chance it will fire up if the battery is not left on the tender. I know this in not an excuse for not showing up for next Friday is it? :thinking:

Rez, I do not recommend letting it idle for 5 or 10 minutes as it will get hot and I don't care if it has a fan on it. Keep a battery tender on it so it has a good charge all the time. If I let my bike sit for a week or so and go to start it I have a 50% chance it will fire up if the battery is not left on the tender. I know this in not an excuse for not showing up for next Friday is it? :thinking:

Come on now, how many heat cycles has he done anyway? :lol: :lol:
I only did 3 on my Supermoto after un-crating and assembling it. :thinking:
Then I road it around through the gears for another 20 minutes or so,
Where is he anyways...

Palmer=Ass :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: The excuses have started already.:shocked::devil:

Now that I've had an opportunity to read ALLLLL of these great suggestions, quips and anecdotes, I believe I have to do these 3 main things...
1) Get a tender - See my first thread :rolleyes: you'll note that I said I DID purchase one and will be hooking it up today...
2) I do have a fan, yes I know letting it idle is not the same as riding it to charge but since I was not riding but rather doing yard work it was the closest thing to it at the time.
3) This is for RACK for the "on the ground more than on the bike comment" :moon:
4) This is for Palmer+ASS for the "mileage vs hours comment"....:moon:
5) This is for GEEK with his "excuses comment"....:moon:

But all in all I do appreciate your in-put ......so .....:P

:smirk:.....:ride:.....T'day REALLY needs to come quick so James can go "prospecting" again and take some of the lime light off of me .... :devil:.....:lol:

James

Staff member
Rez, regarding the 'let it idle for 15 min' thing, I'd be more concerned about overheating your bike and doing some serious damage then the battery not charging. :noidea:

Oh and I got all the gold I need. :P

Rez, regarding the 'let it idle for 15 min' thing, I'd be more concerned about overheating your bike and doing some serious damage then the battery not charging. :noidea:

Oh and I got all the gold I need. :P

I kept an eye on it while it was running...and I DO have a fan. I bought a tender too which I'm going to hook up this morning. :thumb: oh and as for gold...you can never have too much ... :smirk: