The Ponderosa

We were able to get the first ride of 2016 in the books! A new area to me called "the Ponderosa"
So my new riding partner Tom and I loaded up my van, man, and headed NE 60 miles into MN! I've been storing 4 skin Randy's, Honda 450 since he left it at my old place 1&1/2 yrs ago. So it also was in the van,man! We get there before randy and get ready to roll. Randy shows up and gets on his gear but can't find his helmet! I should say that the ponderosa is owned by his family! Several cabins, a shop and approx 500 acres of good trail riding!
Since Randy can't find his helmet he says,"I'll just show you a bit of the trails and send you guys on your way then he'd get in car and drive 25 miles to home and find a helmet! Well, we got to the river within a few minutes of riding, and Randy says, "don't go here cause I dug out a swimming hole here last yr and it's around 12' deep! We need to cross down side of the dam where it's real shallow, just follow me!" Now I'm looking at this river and I'm thinking, it's not likely were gonna get across this thing! It's flowing about 4 knots and looks DEEP! 4 skin Randy heads into the river and almost totally disappears! I grab my phone to take a video but by the time I got it rolling he was out of the deepest part! Video comming soon!
Needless to say, Randy's day was done! I towed him back and Tom and I went out trail riding! The area is quite good and has lots of potential! We enjoyed it very much!
The mighty 500 ran great as usual!! We were able to cross the river where it widened out a bit, approx 1/2 mile up stream!

We were able to get the first ride of 2016 in the books! A new area to me called "the Ponderosa"
So my new riding partner Tom and I loaded up my van, man, and headed NE 60 miles into MN! I've been storing 4 skin Randy's, Honda 450 since he left it at my old place 1&1/2 yrs ago. So it also was in the van,man! We get there before randy and get ready to roll. Randy shows up and gets on his gear but can't find his helmet! I should say that the ponderosa is owned by his family! Several cabins, a shop and approx 500 acres of good trail riding!
Since Randy can't find his helmet he says,"I'll just show you a bit of the trails and send you guys on your way then he'd get in car and drive 25 miles to home and find a helmet! Well, we got to the river within a few minutes of riding, and Randy says, "don't go here cause I dug out a swimming hole here last yr and it's around 12' deep! We need to cross down side of the dam where it's real shallow, just follow me!" Now I'm looking at this river and I'm thinking, it's not likely were gonna get across this thing! It's flowing about 4 knots and looks DEEP! 4 skin Randy heads into the river and almost totally disappears! I grab my phone to take a video but by the time I got it rolling he was out of the deepest part! Video comming soon!
Needless to say, Randy's day was done! I towed him back and Tom and I went out trail riding! The area is quite good and has lots of potential! We enjoyed it very much!
The mighty 500 ran great as usual!! We were able to cross the river where it widened out a bit, approx 1/2 mile up stream!

Saved him going back for his helmet though.