South The Official 2013 DBA T-DAY Planning Thread

So, on my computer this is page 40. Is there a plan anywhere amongst those 40 pages? :lol: You guys might think about new careers as Wedding Planners - typically, you get at least 6 months. :lol:
Even though I am bad about going off topic, this is one thread that is the holy grail of threads and should be left alone. That said, it will all come together in the next ten days or so I hope. A lot of people I think, don't make up their mind exactly where they are going till the last minute. I for one have been ready to go (at least the where part), since July.:ride:

Yes, two weeks to go, and I've got wood.:devil:

View attachment 18867
My prep is just about done as well except for the food. Can't wait. For me it is 10 days.

BTW, while doing prep, I pulled something in my lower back causing pain down the leg that I am hammering with ibuprofen. No matter what though, I will be there and ride as best I can, pain or no pain.

Hmmm, maybe I'll go and share camp mom responsibilities. :banana:
I was thinking the same thing before I came upon your post. You would make a great camp bitch, you know, the one with the dirty knees.:poke::P

But seriously, you should come out anyway, we will have the families and there will be plenty of non-bike fun stuff going on. Rack you still have THAT colorful flag?

My prep is just about done as well except for the food. Can't wait. For me it is 10 days.

BTW, while doing prep, I pulled something in my lower back causing pain down the leg that I am hammering with ibuprofen. No matter what though, I will be there and ride as best I can, pain or no pain.

And it begins. The why I can't ride post #1

If you think this is bad wait til there is a group family ride of 25 consisting of bikes, quads, skateboards, jeeps, pickups and a few on brooms.

Make sure you leave early and pack a lunch as you will need the extra time to get out of camp and you will be hungry for lunch or possibly dinner before you ever leave the camp site.

:smirk:

and dress for the weather change that WILL occur during that time period.... :poke:

Well it just so happens my girl friend is a third grade school teacher so that's been covered as for the green thing,the 500Af that is now my brothers but I do ride a slightly older kx500 with a abundant of dollars put in to it oh ya I can ride im just a bit more cautious I think KTMRACK can verify that as I ride with a friend we both have that really doesn't have time for KNEW guys sooo let the shit storm flow.:P
:popcorn:

I should have stayed home :banghead:

Me, my WR, and the street just are NOT made for each other. Guess what happens when you take a curve, that apparently was marked as 40 from what Rodger told me, at 82, or I should say "try" :thinking:...... :foul: You don't!

I think I might be out of commission for a few weeks. Time will tell. :pout:

Probably trying to out run the LAW.... :noidea:........ :P....... hope you're OK.

Should have came with us. My Son went down Friday night, so it was just 3 of us, and we ended up riding a whole "new found" awesomeness.:banana: We did have to ride around a couple fences, go through a barbed wire gate because we were on the wrong side(sorry milk vetch plant), drag our bikes under a pole gate, and cut a tortoise fence to get out of the bombing range, but rode the best SSDETYFMST I've ever been on.
Why would they end a fence with a ST going by it, if they didn't care about riding on it?
View attachment 18828

I like the little white capsule looking things called cameras on those fences... pretty amazing how they work! :lol:

Ok, so, we get to Pappy & Harriets a bit behind schedule. Got there about dusk. Had "lunch", since it was now dark, obviously we decided to take the street back. I recently changed my front counter sprocket from a 13 to a 12 cause with the YZ cams and clean-up port job on the WR, it really woke up the bike. I could hit 92 on a dirt road with still more. I figured I didn't need all that so I dropped a front tooth. Well, you can prolly guess where this is going.

So we leave P&H, take the back pavement to stay off the main highway as with my change in gearing I didn't know what a good cruising speed was. :devil:
As we make a right at the stop sign I start to go, it's a bit on the cold side, I'm going through the gears rather quickly, I grab some more throttle, watch the speedo climb, and at that moment decide to see what the new gearing can do. :cry: 60, 70, 80, hey, it really didn't lose that much, 82, then, out from nowhere, an ELf and a Troll go darting across the road and before my very eyes, there he was, in all his glorious 8', neigh, 9' tall mangy, tangled weave of what could only be described as Rez meets Duck Dynasty furry looking full body covering hair for lack of a better term. It was chasing said Elf and Troll off into the shady underbelly of the Pioneertown South side of the tracks.

This brief distraction was just enough to cause me to apparently not see the sign that said curve ahead with a 40MPH. So as I approached the curve, still thinking about the exotic/bizarre encounter that just happened, I was still at the 82MPH. The shoulder is about 5' wide with about a 2' high embankment. Lots of things briefly went through my head on what to do. Try and moto it and slam it like a berm. Don't know how that would have worked at that speed. Prolly would have ended up doing a barrel roll of into the distance. Try and hit it straight and jump it. Uh, no. Have no idea what the hell is out there, it's dark....

So I guess I just slid into it, got carried up on top of it, rode along the top only about 2' on the other side. What looks liked what happened is when I went over the embankment I went into a bush which must have stopped my momentum from being carried out further into the desert. I rode along that section going through what I remember being 3 big, thick bushes. Rodger thought for a moment I was gonna save it. He saw my taillight through all the dust just bouncing around but then it cartwheeled. I am apparently not good enough yet to pull of a cartwheel from the ground. It needs some more work.

I ended up in the middle of a bush, the bike behind me about 30'. He came over and asked me if I was alright and if I needed help getting out of the bush. Said I need some time, I'm just gonna lay here a little bit, go check on the bike. :rant: All I hear is a bunch of crackling noises. Apparently the bike looked like those cell phone towers but mine was dressed up like a creosote bush.

I finally extracted myself from the bush, usually I like to stay in bush longer but I had had enough. We went and were trying to see where I entered the berm at. We just followed the broke down, beaten path of the bushes. It was a good 100-150'. Took out 2 plastic signs Ike the ones used to close trails. Just missed one of those big aluminum ones. A couple of people stopped and asked if we were alright. That was nice.

Ok, you asked for a play by play, so there you go. My left side ribs are killing me. No idea if any are cracked. Doesn't really matter, nothing they can do about it. Ace bandage is about all just to help with the pain. Got plenty of Vicodin. Left hip is real sore, causing just about as much issue as the ribs when trying to stand up outta a chair or the truck. Right knee some swelling but that's just from impact, nothing internal. T-Day plans shot to hell. It'll be 4-5 weeks before I think I'm ready to ride again. Will play it week by week but I've had this once before. It didn't hurt this bad this early then. :wave: :ride:

Picture of said curve.
View attachment 18870

OBVIOUSLY... you didn't heed your own warning......... "Slow down, I hear banjos :devil:" glad to hear (read) you're somewhat alright. heal quick! :thumb: