The Ho-Hum, Yeah, Whatever Ride Report

Procrastinated about going out, windy conditions in the forecast. Woke up early Saturday and said "hell yes I'm going, damn the wind". And windy it was, not quite "tip over big rig" winds, but not a pleasant breeze either. Actually didn't really notice the wind much while riding. While not riding was a different story.

Oh oh, Ranger, luckily more interested in the egg mcmuffin than me
58-1.jpg

I miss this place, I don't ride a KTM, but it was great for parts and the people that worked there were as friendly as could be.
58-2.jpg

Abandoned crap, you know me...
58-4.jpg

Who says dirtbikers can't see the beauty of nature
58-5.jpg

Gotta explore this, chickened out when there was no more light
58-3.jpg

A little dualtrack singletrack skirting the hilltops
58-6.jpg

Freakin' Stonehenge, I thought it was in England
58-7.jpg

Wonder where this goes?
58-11.jpg

It goes here, when I got to the top, the wind almost pushed me over the edge, one of those "pucker" moments
58-10.jpg

Snake, one of the non venomous varity, Don't mind seeing these guys
58-12.jpg

I have found a lot of weird stuff, This juke box ranks up top, along side the snowmobile and artificial leg I found - not at the same time of course...
58-8.jpg

This is going to be a great place to stage when it gets a little hotter
58-9.jpg

End of the line
58-14.jpg

Well I get back to camp for food and beer, after a while I think I hear voices. Turns out one of the herds snuck up on me
58-13.jpg

End of a windy, but great day. Nothing real awesome, but glad I went out.
58-15.jpg

Looks like a good ride. Where'd ya go? Im itching bad to ride soon. How 'bout this next weekend? (Sunday) I gotta work Sat morning

Looks like a good ride. Where'd ya go? Im itching bad to ride soon. How 'bout this next weekend? (Sunday) I gotta work Sat morning

Next weekend is out for me, but the weekend after I am thinking about south east corner of Cal City - few miles west of 395. So, if that sounds good to anyone, let me know.

Freakin' Stonehenge, I thought it was in England
58-7.jpg

Wonder where this goes?
58-11.jpg

It goes here, when I got to the top, the wind almost pushed me over the edge, one of those "pucker" moments
58-10.jpg

Snake, one of the non venomous varity, Don't mind seeing these guys
58-12.jpg

I have found a lot of weird stuff, This juke box ranks up top, along side the snowmobile and artificial leg I found - not at the same time of course...
58-8.jpg

This is going to be a great place to stage when it gets a little hotter
58-9.jpg

End of the line
58-14.jpg

Well I get back to camp for food and beer, after a while I think I hear voices. Turns out one of the herds snuck up on me
58-13.jpg

End of a windy, but great day. Nothing real awesome, but glad I went out.
58-15.jpg

Was that the day I was supposed to go with you? (aka krannie)

"Speakerman" glad you made it over, you will like it here.
The ride is from last Saturday, my alzheimers is acting up, not sure if I called you or not. I wasn't going to go, but at the last minute changed my mind. It was fun, but I have some good windburn.....

"Speakerman" glad you made it over, you will like it here.
The ride is from last Saturday, my alzheimers is acting up, not sure if I called you or not. I wasn't going to go, but at the last minute changed my mind. It was fun, but I have some good windburn.....

When we do the dinner thing, we need to include the"speakerman" aka Krannie.