The Flashlights Thread...

ok my newest hobby is flashlights... i've been looking around for a couple years and think i've decided to just stick with my Maglites but do some modding to them. Here they are now with just some color changing and cheap LED bulb upgrades:
IMG_0597.jpg

theres a few drop in LED modules on the market that require no work on your part but i joined up on candlepowerforums and found this thread and was blown away! http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?308891-Triple-Neutral-SST-50-build-log-%28photo-heavy%29

i can't believe the amount of time people put into some of the projects on there... anyone else into flashlights like these guys?

You will never go wrong with a Pelican LED, or Stream Light. Both are bright as the sun. Down side is that they only have about a 1 hour constant on duration.

my brother did the led thing to his mag light works alot better :rocker:

yeah the one i have now works just like the incandescent where if you open the beam theres a hole in the light but it is a lot brighter... hopefully with this new one i ordered it'll get rid of it. i'll post up some beam shots when i get it in from stock, $15 LED bulb, $69 drop in, then $69 drop in with the max volts

Cool thread Red! I do want to get a nice flashlight that I could bash someone in the head if need be. :devil:

I have a 3 million candlepower spot light that I use for frog gigging, but I need a back up too! Especially when that light dies and you are stuck out on the pond in a boat with no light. :picard:

Are the Maglites waterproof?

yeah Mags are water proof... not sure how deep though. Theres so many different lights out there and you can spend $50 to $1,000 on a nice set up... it's insane!