The 2013 Models Are Out...

First, why are you posting this in a Beta section? Second, whoever posted this add is an idiot since the bike they are displaying is a XCF-W and the specs they are displaying are for XC-W

:facepalm: Sorry about that. I forgot this was a Beta thread.

Somebody please kick me in the throat. :pout:

:lol: that makes sense now. I didn't read the whole thing, just skimmed it and that caught my eye.

From what I've read Beta is basically using the same frame for the four strokes and the two strokes. If I were made of money I might consider buying a plated RS and then insert the 300cc two stroke engine. Not exactly legal, but that would yield a plated two stroke. I'm sure that there will be some differences of mounting brackets on the frame, but it's a steel frame so welding in the changes is comparatively easy.

How would a smoker handle on the road and highway? Would it be reliable enough to handle a couple thousand miles like a DRZ, KLR, or WR? Then again, it costs nothing to rebuild, so that's good.

I don't go to the stealorships either, I was referring to my local mom and pop shop.

You guys with your tag lines .... STEALERSHIP... any idea WHY they charge what they do? Because the public will pay it! They don't dream up prices, it's what the market allows. Same thing goes with car prices new OR used... they are priced according to what the MARKET VALUE is............. Market value = What the average dollar amount is paid on a particular product.

I try and support the smaller M & P shops myself, usually better service... meaning more personal than "what's your ticket number"? As for their prices, they buy in bulk which allows them to charge less PLUS charging less to lure more customers in because that is what they make their money on.

That is all... carry on! :thumb:

How would a smoker handle on the road and highway? Would it be reliable enough to handle a couple thousand miles like a DRZ, KLR, or WR? Then again, it costs nothing to rebuild, so that's good.

Why not... there used to be 2 stroke "enduros" on the street..... AND 2 stroke street bikes. :thumb: