That had to hurt.

James

Staff member
Damn, that must have hurt. They always said that metal fatigue would never be a problem with Aluminum frames. Must have been some other preexisting frame damage or something.
That wouldn't by any chance be a 500 (or 250) inside a 250F frame would it? Not an expert at this but that looks to be a 2006 (or newer) kx250f.

031305_250.jpg

Oh yea that could be it. Just one wrong move on an install like that and the frame could have easily been compromised. It's hard to weld, so I'll just drill a little hole here for mounting.

Funny thing is I don't think there's anything added to or modified on the main spars. Gotta love the metal of fatigue and random breakage:rolleyes:

James

Staff member
Funny thing is I don't think there's anything added to or modified on the main spars. Gotta love the metal of fatigue and random breakage:rolleyes:
Please tell how you know that he didn't modify the frame (on the inside) to get the engine to fit properly? :noidea:

Please tell how you know that he didn't modify the frame (on the inside) to get the engine to fit properly? :noidea:

Generally when people do swaps like this they modify the down tube and maybe cradle, but never the spars. There does seem to be an engine mount in that area but it doesn't appear to attach to the spars, so even if it is custom(probs is), it shouldn't affect what's supposed to be the strongest part of the bike.

That wouldn't by any chance be a 500 (or 250) inside a 250F frame would it? Not an expert at this but that looks to be a 2006 (or newer) kx250f.

031305_250.jpg

The placement/routing of the pipe and size of the head doesn't appear to be a 500... maybe the guy was an EXTRA MEDIUM :devil: in size and hit solid on both front and back at the same time off a "launch" platform! :wow:

Looks like he needs to "o2 weld" that sumbish back together. :prof: .... Looks to be that down support in the front was modified to fail... And did its job.... You can tell it was the top part that failed... Its just been ripped like a piece of paper.