250F Switched headlight and battery options...

If you have the wire diagram of the headlight, you can hot lead it so you would have to turn it off even when the bike is off, like a DS.

do you think it would drain my battery too quick having it ran from the battery or would it still run off the stator too?

ok if you are at the tday ride, I will give you one of my kids glow sticks:smirk: the long skinny ones you get at the fair. You can wrap it around the bars:lol:

You really need to carry a flashlight if you ride at night. I carry a small single AA LED one that works great.

What kind of bike did you end up with?

A battery is really important when riding at night. A panic braking on the rear will kill the engine and sudden darkness is the result. I've gone through some gnarly stuff that I couldn't even see because of this exact scenario.

ok if you are at the tday ride, I will give you one of my kids glow sticks:smirk: the long skinny ones you get at the fair. You can wrap it around the bars:lol:
:lol: i think i'll be fine...lol
You really need to carry a flashlight if you ride at night. I carry a small single AA LED one that works great.

What kind of bike did you end up with?

A battery is really important when riding at night. A panic braking on the rear will kill the engine and sudden darkness is the result. I've gone through some gnarly stuff that I couldn't even see because of this exact scenario.

i still got the 2007 WR450... figure even if i keep it another 3 years it won't depreciate anymore than it has. The tail light and computer stay on but you brought up a good point about killing the engine while still on the trail.. i've been considering a helmet light but as you all know i'm broke...lol.