Sweet tool

But, you pay $20 or more for each tire, to get that "free" tire change.:smirk:
Not really as I have priced tires online and other places and this place has some of the best prices of all and they offer this service free when you bring in your wheel and buy a tire from them. It takes them about 4 minutes to do this. :thumb:

Not really as I have priced tires online and other places and this place has some of the best prices of all and they offer this service free when you bring in your wheel and buy a tire from them. It takes them about 4 minutes to do this. :thumb:

Most places require a new tube for liability reasons. At least thats what I have ran into...

This is true but these guys will use your existing tube unless it really does need to be replaced. :thumb:

Yep. You and I go to a place very similar. The place I go to is in Montclair and its called Cycle Rider. Good place to go to. Knowledgeable and friendly staff.

SRAD97750

Staff member
:noidea: The TUBE is what keeps your tire doing what it does best. Why change a tire ($80) and not change the most important part, the tube ($12)?
Anyways. If you're going to PAY ("free" or not) to have someone else do your tires, might as well have them change the tube while they are at it. Or you could always pay them the $20 later to change it when it pops...

:noidea: The TUBE is what keeps your tire doing what it does best. Why change a tire ($80) and not change the most important part, the tube ($12)?
Anyways. If you're going to PAY ("free" or not) to have someone else do your tires, might as well have them change the tube while they are at it. Or you could always pay them the $20 later to change it when it pops...
I replace my tube every other tire change. I have never had a problem with a tube going bad on me from old age. If I ever pinch or get a flat somehow, I always put in a new tube. :prof:

Cycle Rider is 5 minutes from my house, and any tire there, I can buy for $20 cheaper online. :noidea:
Well beat me with a stick! You are a better online shopper than me. :noidea: It is worth the $20 then to have them put the tire on my wheel for me. Next time I am down there I will swing by for a cold one. :thumb:

Cycle Rider is 5 minutes from my house, and any tire there, I can buy for $20 cheaper online. :noidea:

I have never bought a tire there so I wouldn't know but I believe it. You can always buy things online cheaper. I usually buy my tires when they go on sale from big places like chaparral. But little things that cost only a few dollars less online, I'll buy there instead. I prefer to help my local stores. They always come in handy when you need them there.