Other Suzuki Upgrades

Soo I traded my 90 Yamaha Rt 100 for a Suzuki RM 80
I had trouble starting it
I choked it and it started but would t idle
Do I have to let the bike warm up or what?

I didn't even get to ride today

Any prechecks I can do or anything
Because the bike just been maintained and well maintenance
It's my 1st real bike
Any suggestions to help me enjoy this bike before I try to get rid of it?

If you are going to try to swap it in a fast manner, I'd just clean it up. And try to flip it.

If you plan on sticking with it for a bit... I'd tear into it and make sure you are not going to have any surprises. Change trans oil. Do you know how to mix your fuel? Check the plug. Clean air filter.Check over tires and brakes. Be sure all the spokes are snug. Coolant.

Be sure to let the engine warm up completly before letting it rip. I usually let mine run for a couple mins, And then take off basically pushing the bike and just barly on the throttle. When the clutch is fully released, I shut the choke off. (Many people do it differently.)

What can I honestly get for a 01 RM 80 without really adding to much cash or cash at all for a trade?

And today I just visually inspected it as the owner was telling me about it
Has new tires fresh brakes I had to buy a t stand
Ummm honestly I thought I put regular fuel
Didn't know about the mix?
Please tell me more

You will need to mix your fuel and oil 32:1 Its a 2 stroke bike.

I just sold a 06 RM85 for 1500 saturday. It had a ton of upgrades though.

Best thing to do is get on craigslist and see what they are going for in your area.

The rt I had was a 2 stroke and it had the oil tank was under the seat
No mixing required

What's the best oil to mix
And th dude I traded for this RM wanted 700 it had no title
Came with extra new top end kit and brake pads
On the bike it had new tires new pads and he said fresh oil
Idk how true that is because I don't kno what to look for but just like the cars I flip I always get oil changes
But I gotta sit n watch a YouTube vid to see what I'm doin

What are some good upgrades to play around with before I sale and can sell for a decent price

All "MX" 2 stroke bikes you will have to mix the gas and oil. The oil in the bottom end of the motors is for the clutch/transmission.

In the bottom end you can use ATF (Automatic transmission fluid) or Rotella T6 oil.

The engine oil you mix in the fuel, needs to be a 2 stroke oil. I run Lucas and Amsoil 2 stroke oil. (Just because thats the only thing i can pick up locally)

Damn I need me a owners manual
I have no idea where to put the oil in at
I will post pics in a few hrs when the sun comes up
I have a lot of questions

I have a autozone walking distance from my house I know they carry Lucas

DUDE! You need to stop! Do not start the bike. Drain the fuel out of the tank. Get yourself a gas can, go get about 2 gallons of Premium fuel 91 octane or higher. Take about 8oz of 2 stroke oil and poor it in the gas can. Shake the hell out of the gas can and then poor into bike gas tank. Now you can start the bike.

Listen to the post above. It's very important that you mix your oil and gas before putting it in the tank. Get a ratio cup that tells you how much to put in per gallon and mix your gas exact 32:1. No guessing or you'll be walking. :prof: those little race engines love the oil.

Ok so I put the mix in the gas tank and where am I putting the ATF oil at :thinking:
um shit man...you mix 4 oz per gallon on an rm80/85..get a ratio rite my rm was 32:1...10w 40 or equivalent goes into the case...black threaded cap close to kickstarter...case oil goes in there...you have 2 oils one in the black cap and mix gas and oil as we just told you...dont use 87 octane!!!! use premium...choke it and warm it up feel cylinder when its warm turn choke off....we got your back