Suspension while hauling.

Its a FLUID seal. Which incorporates ALL non degrading fluids. Air is fluid.

See you learn something new everyday as I thought air was only ever classified as a gas...:thumb:

now isnt there a pressure standard that should be stamped on the seal???? I may be way off base on this...

Leaving the forks compressed could possibly have and effect on the seals because of the continuous pressure. The process of compressing the forks will have an effect on the seals and when they are kept compressed the pressure is still there. I do not like leaving my forks compressed and I compress them as little as possible when I tie it down. I also use my fork bleeders to relieve any pressure in the tubes. It would be like leaving your car parked with a few hundred pounds of bricks in the trunk and the thing is sitting on the ground in the rear end. I don't think that is doing any good on the suspension components, which would be like the front forks being compressed for a few days. A couple of hours is one thing but a few days I would not want to do. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :prof:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Because of the compressed water vapors, then the erst is gass. But I didn't know this either :noidea:

ALL GASES are fluid. Has nothing to do with what it's made of.
ALL LIQUIDS are fluid. Has nothing to do with what it's made of.

If it follows the laws of fluid dynamics, then it's a fluid. Air, water, farts....

ALL GASES are fluid. Has nothing to do with what it's made of.
ALL LIQUIDS are fluid. Has nothing to do with what it's made of.

If it follows the laws of fluid dynamics, then it's a fluid. Air, water, farts....

well once you add the flatulence into the equation then it all makes sense...:bonk:

Seriously though, good job explaining that :thumb: and it makes sense period.

Try putting a block of wood (or get the real tool Click Here) in between your tire and front fender, before tightening it down.
Ridercargo.jpg

Sorta glad i got this little tool... First time i used it, i smoked a deer.. that would have probably been bad without lol..