250F Suspension / Linkage Needles

James

Staff member
I'm looking for some new needles for the linkage in my KX250F. Are there any good aftermarket solutions are is OEM the way to go? I should have replaced them last time but I didn't feel like waiting for them. :moon:

Which is better Pivot Works or All Balls?

All Balls is cheaper.

They both specialize in suspension parts, so I would probably go with All balls. I'm not for sure about which one is better. I used All Balls fork seals and they were pretty good.

If there is wear on the needle bearing needles the whole unit needs replacing. I would place a bet that here is wear on the central collar and/or the outer bearing race. Yes, they are a pain to remove and install.

Now if you lost some of the needles, I think you are out of luck. Usually the outer race comes with the set of needles. I'm not aware of being able to buy just a single needle.

James

Staff member
If there is wear on the needle bearing needles the whole unit needs replacing. I would place a bet that here is wear on the central collar and/or the outer bearing race. Yes, they are a pain to remove and install.

Now if you lost some of the needles, I think you are out of luck. Usually the outer race comes with the set of needles. I'm not aware of being able to buy just a single needle.
That's the main reason I just want new needles, as I don't know how much longer I'll have this bike. But I'm just going to get new bearings and do it right.:thumb: