supermoto!

its seems that the supermoto discussion is absent here so im going to start!

here is a pic of my one and only ride as of this time since i sold my XR250 and DR350 last month :cry:

1987 Honda XLR250R
XLRMOTARD001.jpg

XLRMOTARD004.jpg

James

Staff member
:thumb: I wouldn't mine having a supermoto setup for the road.

What size is that rear tire, it looks extra wide?

Nice bike. I want one Too!:thumb: I have a 83 XR 350R I should do that to. But I don't have the coin. I want to put a 85year XR 500 front end on it for disc brakes and better suspension.

its not extra wide. in fact its a bit less wider than what most guys use.

the rear wheel has a 4.25 x 17 Rim and a 140/70x17 Pirelli Sport Demon tire while the front wheel has 3.50 x 17 rim and a 120/70x17 Tire. Im planning to put a 150 wide tire at back soon. :ride:

:thumb: I wouldn't mine having a supermoto setup for the road.

What size is that rear tire, it looks extra wide?

DO IT! old bikes make really cool retro supermotos! :thumb:

Nice bike. I want one Too!:thumb: I have a 83 XR 350R I should do that to. But I don't have the coin. I want to put a 85year XR 500 front end on it for disc brakes and better suspension.

I love Motards too.

I just transformed the D/S back into Motard form.
new 160 in the rear and ready for the best roads
in the wine country!

OK, I'll play. I started off just looking for some more friendly street tires but then I came across a smoking deal on a set of SM rims so I thought that it would be better to have two sets of tires, one for dirt and the other for street, now I'm absolutely hooked on the supermoto thing. I guess I'll have to get another bike to handle the off road stuff.

100_1363.jpg

100_1362.jpg

100_1361.jpg

Two wheel sets are still a must, D/S and Motard in one saves one some serious cash.
Then I have my 226 pound YZ, I think you are seeing my point. I then browsed a KTM 950
Superenduro yesterday, I had to run out of that place to keep from blowing a big wad in more
ways then one.:shocked:

90 minutes at a very casual pace to change it over, sprockets and I only have one front rotor.
P6180002.jpg

P5310009.jpg