Sunstar Works Z Steel?

Well, I've grown tired of my 450 eating sprockets and chains every ten hours so I just ordered this...

0000-Sunstar-520-Works-Z-Steel-Rear-Sprocket---633905282905132351.jpg

and an RKGBMXZ4 gold chain that has a whopping 9,000# tensile strength, suppose to be the absolute best non sealed chain on the market.

Anybody have any experience with this hardware? I'll keep ya posted on my experience with it. Didn't want to do the iron man and vt2 setup so went with this option.

Notin but steel N' ringed chains for me dog! Let us know how it goes! You'll be happy with the steel sprocket.Your wallet will anyway.

I run a standard Sunstar sprocket and it lasts, so that hi tech model should last a long time.
+1 on Rocky Mountains Primary Drive. Good quality and inexpensive. About half the price of the name brand stuff.

I run a standard Sunstar sprocket and it lasts, so that hi tech model should last a long time.
+1 on Rocky Mountains Primary Drive. Good quality and inexpensive. About half the price of the name brand stuff.

Rocky mountain pissed me off, will never order from them again. They do not ship to po boxes. They only ship air frieght (next day, etc) to billing addresses. My credit cards billing addy is a po box, so, they will not ship me my $300 order next day air. Screw them, their loss..... Thier chain and sprocket selection leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Anyway, my stock Sunstar lasted longer than any other sprocket set up I've owned. I have tried Tag, Sunline, Pro Taper, Renthal (the worst) and they are all crap on a 450. I have also tried Renthal chains, DID, Tsubaki, and Regina and my stock RK outlasted those as well (all roller btw). I'd run a ringed chain but don't want a rivet link, and 99% of all sealed chains will rub the case on my '09 (except the VT2 which only has a rivet link). I'm not running a spacer either. Why the hell do these people make things so difficult?

The Primary drive chains will stretch like no other...be prepared to do constant adjustments.

The DID VT2 has a clip style master available...best chain going.

Cappy, that is a great looking sprocket...

The Primary drive chains will stretch like no other...be prepared to do constant adjustments.

The DID VT2 has a clip style master available...best chain going.

Cappy, that is a great looking sprocket...
Agreed. ^^^ That is one horny looking sprocket Cap'n. :thumb:

Alright got it mounted up, I'll post pic's in a minute. First impression is that it's sweet.. Almost as light as an al., 5 times as tough. The offset "Z" teeth are a cool feature as well, which allow the sprocket to be thin while maintaining a tooth to chain surface area equal to that of a thicker sprocket. Comes with all new bolts, nuts, and washers as well.