All Sun Oct 10 Ocotillo Wells

All right. leaving now and staying til Sunday afternoon. Cahiulla trail and Commune. White Chevy long bed & A black chevy Short bed. A yamaha,a KTM< and Two Kawis. Trav's got my Phone Number.

Late!

Well the trip was a fairly good one.Chris and I got out there about 12:30 saturday only to find a empty camp with no bikes or trucks.Strange and that normally isn't a good sign. After sitting there for a bit Turkey sandwich and Jermy show up with one bike in the truck and sandwich gets out with his arm in a shirt sling with a broken collar bone and his bike still out behind pole line off of Cahiulla trail.So we unload some of our stuff and one bike and leave one bike in the truck to ride double from the truck from pole line and Cahiulla to get Turkey sandwich's bike. His bike was about 2 miles east of pole line in a wash at a drop off that did in the collor bone. The bike fired right up and we got it back to the truck and loaded the bikes up.Once back at camp we decided what to do.Sandwich was gonna stay and not make Jermy leave but was in a lot of pain. His sister is gonna come out and get him.We hung out with sandwich for awhile until it cooled down a bit and went for a ride until dark.Sunday morning we were up bright and early and went for a ride. We rode untill about 11:00 when it started getting warm.Between the two rides we probably did 70 miles of fast riding. A good shake down trip. Chris's bike didn't want to start the first time from sitting for awhile. A bump start got it going and I know the valves are in spec as I just checked them.Chris's bike ran fine the rest of the trip.His hot start is froze shut so we'll fix that. Sorry no pics, it was fast riding and a little warm.

Well the trip was a fairly good one.Chris and I got out there about 12:30 saturday only to find a empty camp with no bikes or trucks.Strange and that normally isn't a good sign. After sitting there for a bit Turkey sandwich and Jerimiah show up with one bike in the truck and sandwich gets out with his arm in a shirt sling with a broken collar bone and his bike still out behind pole line off of Cahiulla trail.So we unload some of our stuff and one bike and leave one bike in the truck to ride double from the truck from pole line and Cahiulla to get turkey sandwich's bike. His bike was about 2 miles east of pole line in a wash at a drop off that did in the collor bone. The bike fired right up and we got it back to the truck and loaded the bikes up.Once back at camp we decided what to do.Sandwich was gonna stay and not make Jerimahia stay but was in a lot of pain. His sister is gonna come out and get him.We hung out with sandwich for awhile until in cooled down a bit and went for a ride until dark.Sunday morning we were up bright and early and went for a ride. We rode untill about 11:00 when it started getting warm.Between the two rides we probably did 70 miles of fast riding. A good shake down trip. Chris's bike didn't want to start the first time from sitting for awhile. A bump start got it going and I know the valves are in spec as I just checked them.His hot start is froze shut so we'll fix that. Sorry no pics, it was fast riding and a little warm.

So what's the deal with Turkey? Is he going to survive?

yup baja they claim people every weekend. i want to publicly thank germ for keeping it positive and convincing me to stand up and walk out of there sparing me an expensivre helicopter ride.

thanks to tws, his son,and germ for extracting my bike. glad you guys had a good time after that. overall i got lucky as it could have been much worse. i couldnt ask for better riding partners and friends. tws you helped me out with the opiates, and after the hospital hooked me up again i was in a warm place where i didnt need stupid shoulders. ok im done gaying up the thread

cant wait to heal up and get back ito the dez.hopefully by thanksgiving.

walking the 2 miles to pole line through the desert alone in 95 degree temps in boots and all broken all the while trying to stay hidden from rangers to avoid the "paperwork"was an experience i wont soon forget

No prob Sandwich. Glad I brought some meds just for that reason. I hate the way those things make you feel but when shit happens there good to have in the truck.Probably ought to carry them in the backpack too. Get well soon so we can

MOTO UP!:thumb:

yup baja they claim people every weekend. i want to publicly thank germ for keeping it positive and convincing me to stand up and walk out of there sparing me an expensivre helicopter ride.

thanks to tws, his son,and germ for extracting my bike. glad you guys had a good time after that. overall i got lucky as it could have been much worse. i couldnt ask for better riding partners and friends. tws you helped me out with the opiates, and after the hospital hooked me up again i was in a warm place where i didnt need stupid shoulders. ok im done gaying up the thread

walking the 2 miles to pole line through the desert alone in 95 degree temps in boots and all broken all the while trying to stay hidden from rangers to avoid the "paperwork"was an experience i wont soon forget
I'm a little confused. Were you by yourself when you wrecked? I'm assuming so since you walked 2 miles through the desert all busted up but how did your buddies talk you into not calling the heli if you were solo?

Ahh it's the drugs talking. He really doesn't know what happened. We just found him walking down the road like that.:smirk:

He was riding With Jermy before we even got there. Guess thats what happens when you get out to the desert at 12:30,you miss all the good stuff.:smirk:

His arm hurt to bad to ride/double. So being the Man, only Turkey Sandwich is, he frickin walks out! :shocked:

See........... Turkey sandwich really doesn't like Rangers and avoids them at all cost.:naughty:

Ahh it's the drugs talking. He really doesn't know what happened. We just found him walking down the road like that.:smirk:

He was riding With Jermy before we even got there. Guess thats what happens when you get out to the desert at 12:30,you miss all the good stuff.:smirk:

His arm hurt to bad to ride/double. So being the Man, only Turkey Sandwich is, he frickin walks out! :shocked:

See........... Turkey sandwich really doesn't like Rangers and avoids them at all cost.:naughty:
I have a strange craving all of the sudden for a turkey sandwich. . . :lol:

James

Staff member
At your age I don't see you being healed by TDay, unless you didn't break it all the way. But from what I've heard you did so :noidea: heal up. :ride:
:shocked: Wow, yeah I would've thrown in the towel and called for a chopper long before that.
Glad I brought some meds just for that reason. I hate the way those things make you feel but when shit happens there good to have in the truck.Probably ought to carry them in the backpack too.
:thumb: I always have some "spares" close by.