Sun & Gang - Road Trip

Thanks Dgest! Where are you? Im in Agoura off Kanan about 4 miles from the Rock Store : P

So here's my ride report just for you Geek....

Met my friends at their house where we began our ride. I was riding my girlfriend's Husband's bike, a 09 Susuki DRZ/SM just like my 06. He wanted me to ride his Honda CBR I want to say 990, Im pretty sure that is what it is. And my girl friend Maryann, by the way some of you may know her as shefixit, who also has a 06 Susuki SM was riding her CBR 1200. or is it 1100? F*** I dont know, all I know is it is faster then his and she wanted to be sure of that when she bought it:smirk: Her Hub Nick harped all day on me to ride his bike. I kept saying later, later. Not sure why I guess I just needed my SM fix. You know, hit some dirt and little jumps where you can type stuff. Just to the tease the rest of the group:Pon their sport bikes and Harley. So here we are pulling over because someone had to take a leak and QUICK!
IMG_1043-1.jpg

Then we stopped at my favorite restuarant in Ojai. It is a small casual italian place in the most beautiful area. They have THEE BEST strawberry short cake! And I mean THEE BEST! We had pizza, salad and short cake.
IMG_1051-2.jpg

IMG_1049-1.jpg

Then we rode to a hang out called Deer Lodge off Hwy 33. As some of you may know Hwy 33 rocks on bikes! Deer Lodge is a Harley hang out. I couldnt wait to pull up and barge :devil:on in with the SM. We sat there and people watched for a while. What a beautiful day it was!
IMG_1053-2.jpg

Then we went up 33 and hit a campground for a tree climb and smoke break

i know I can do this
IMG_1076.jpg

Gee Maryann, thanks!
IMG_1078.jpg

Doesnt Mayann's head look disconnected from here body here?
IMG_1079.jpg

Speaking of disconnected
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

I know what your thinking but nope....it was this smokin pistol who smokes
IMG_1059-1.jpg

She claims this tattoo was a dare.

We started back down 33. The VFR and I were in the front hammering in a turn and we came around the corner and found this guy. So then next 30 minutes we spent tending to 60 year old Ron.
Funny how you slow down a little after those kind of stops. I have come up on so many living near the canyons. On 33 it is a regular thing as well.
Do you know what day it is? What is your address?.......good, your gonna be ok.
IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

This is one of the more interesting crashes I've come up on (just thought I'd share) this is near the Rock Store I was standing near by when it happened.
IMG_0899-1.jpg

Check out the clip and watch the bike melt and morph to the very end.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse#p/u/5/Q1UYkrxFls4

Lets see where was I....oh yeah so off to the coast we went. Stopping for gas and a Red Bull on the way
IMG_1085-1.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Then it was off to the harbor and went to a place on the water that had a good band and people were dancing and Maryann spilled her beer on this guy cruising for young chicks, he was so happy!
IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1090-1.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

And that is about it. Lots of great riding and good laughs. Please note, we dont drink more then a beer every few hours with lots of other food and hydrants. The pistol passenger threw back several or are those revolvers on her hips? lol
A MOST EXCELLENT DAY INDEED!:thumb:
IMG_1119.jpg

THE END

Nice Ride report Sun. I might have to crash your road rides sometime, if you don't mind. I love the ride up through Ojai and over to Lockwood Valley. I would be one of those guys on the sportbike though not a Harley...:smirk:

Good cause I hate noise:lol:

That would be cool, your more then welcome. Ya that ride all the way to Lockwood valley is a long one on that lil Ol SM. But if you dont mind waiting for me and if I parked in Ventura and unloaded there it would be doable. I really wish I had a 690 or something like that. I want to regear my DRZ but then again I dont.

Damn! Missed the burning bike on the first read..:shocked: Looks like a Yami R6 or R1 burning away. Another questions: What happen to the dude laying on the ground? Did he have someone get him or did you leave him there?

Nice Ride report Sun. I might have to crash your road rides sometime, if you don't mind. I love the ride up through Ojai and over to Lockwood Valley. I would be one of those guys on the sportbike though not a Harley...:smirk:

I like to make it a 190 mile loop through Lockwood valley and the 33. I try to always stop at Camp Scheideck for a beverage. The Deer lodge is OK, but it expensive and a bit on the poser side.

I agree Travace, no more pics of burning bikes or people laying it down. Well only if they are dirt bikers:smirk:

Damn! Missed the burning bike on the first read..:shocked: Looks like a Yami R6 or R1 burning away. Another questions: What happen to the dude laying on the ground? Did he have someone get him or did you leave him there?

Im not sure what kind of sport bike it was. But on the clip you hear him crash then in the middle there is a little explosion then at the end the charred skelton is on the back of the tow truck, see if you can ID it. He was fine, just hurt his hand a little. The guy on the ground we rode up on we just left there for someone else to deal with. We got tired of giving him shade and water. Just kidding! We called for help and waited for it to arrive. I think he had some road rash and a busted rib or two. Very luck guy that Ron was!

I like to make it a big loop through Lockwood valley and the 33. I try to always stop at Camp Scheideck for a beverage. The Deer lodge is OK, but it expensive and a bit on the poser side.
That is a nice loop!
Deer Lodge is just ok and BIG POSERS lol But people watching posers and I like to people watch sometimes so I can do :lol:this when I look at people like this guy there that pulled in with moto cop boots, black jeans tucked in the boots with his tight v neck t-shirt and bucket helmet with goggles strapped to his forehead over his pink bandana rolled just right...and then he took out this big old cable and locked up his crappy bike. Only to hang out 20ft from it. It was so funny. He was a city boy I tell ya!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. James took my report from another thread that I posted this on at weathergeeks request. I didnt think it was THAT interesting but he asked to move it over here and gave it the title. Voila! Here be my first RR on DBA:ride:

Sun, those pistols are AWESOME! I'm not much of a big tatto person, but I'd go for those. They'd just look silly on my kangaroo pouch though...