Stay tuned boys and Girls. The worlds best Racing is about to begien!

The Baja 1000 11/18 7am. Yes tomorrow!

1100 Miles of Brutal off Road Desert racing this year in some of the finest land left to offer.

Go Kawasaki.:USA:

Who's gonna Iron Man it.:ride:

Any Women Riders this year. :thumb:

The first bikes should be across the finish line tomorrow night around 8-9 pm. Stay tuned late night as the trucks catch the bikes and the boobi traps start to appear!:shocked:
Yeah bouy! This is the best race there is!:banana:
Join the "Weatherman" Live
http://www.race-dezert.com/home/

Iron man? Holy crap. I don't even want to think about that. It's not just 1100 miles, it the one zillion whoops. The dust. Oh man my ass hurts just thinking about it. The most I've ever done on a dirt bike in one day was about 400 miles. I think I said something like "I never want to see a bike again" when I peeled myself off the seat.

Iron man the Baja 1000. That is hardcore.

I'llhave to follow that website tomorrow.

Iron man? Holy crap. I don't even want to think about that. It's not just 1100 miles, it the one zillion whoops. The dust. Oh man my ass hurts just thinking about it. The most I've ever done on a dirt bike in one day was about 400 miles. I think I said something like "I never want to see a bike again" when I peeled myself off the seat.

Im with you on this for sure. Anyone who can ironman the 1000 is just one badass mf, there is no other way to say it. As for never wanting to see a dirtbike again after being beat down for a few hundred miles of rough trails and hell I have said that I dont want to see my bike for a very long time but I guess Im like that abused wife that swears she is going to leave her husband who slaps her around but continues to stay. After the bruises are gone I cant wait to get back on my bike for another slap across the face lol!

Im with you on this for sure. Anyone who can ironman the 1000 is just one badass mf, there is no other way to say it. As for never wanting to see a dirtbike again after being beat down for a few hundred miles of rough trails and hell I have said that I dont want to see my bike for a very long time but I guess Im like that abused wife that swears she is going to leave her husband who slaps her around but continues to stay. After the bruises are gone I cant wait to get back on my bike for another slap across the face lol!

what an analogy:lol: :thumb:

The Weatherman, the guy who climbs to the top of a mountain and does the broadcasting? He was in Dust To Glory, awesome dude.
I see Ivan Stewart is in it, again. Didn't see Rob Barnum listed, he usually is involved, wonder if he is riding? I have been meaning to let him know about DBA.
Thanks for the link James, hopefully I can access it from work.

Oh yeah, doing the 1000 would be awesome, in reality I figure I would last about 150 miles tops, followed by a week of recovery........

The course last year was right around 750 miles. This year it's over 1000.They don'y expect the first bikes until around 2am.
Anna Cody is the women rider on bike 156x I think. A guy by the name of Lance is one of the solo riders. Scotty Breuxman rode the last 400 miles of the course and said it is the gnarliest course he's seen. He says " they are trying to break the riders will". See his live coverage and course right up at TT- Baja forum. I'm at work on the road so any updates would be cool.
Sounds like KTM has team Honda scared.I didn't see a kawaski bike this year but I haven't read up on the race much.

Anna Cody? I think she works across the street from where I work in Camarillo. She has a photo of her ripping along in the front window of her insurance office.
Gotta check it out on my lunch walk.

Anna Cody? I think she works across the street from where I work in Camarillo. She has a photo of her ripping along in the front window of her insurance office.
Gotta check it out on my lunch walk.
Your work in Camarillo?:thinking:

I raced the 500 and the 1000 in 91 on a KX250 (I might have mentioned it here before) and that was a great race. I opened the 1000 on the first leg, that was just short of 200 miles with 60 of that being a new section and we could not pre-run. That made it fun.

I miss the Baja days, but I have been all over that place and don't need to go back...

Your work in Camarillo?:thinking:

Now I'm worried.
I went across the street, and yes, the same Anna Cody. They are very proud of her, and if she checks in before she gets back, they are going to say hi to her from the DBA crew.
And I will try to get her to join when she gets back.

You ever wonder how many "GEEKSLIDES" there are during 1 Baja 1000 race? :smirk:...:smirk:...:smirk: Talk about having a sore ass.......